Delray Beach Open, Florida, USA, ATP 250

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
Shameful performance yesterday by Tomic

https://twitter.com/ReaccionesATP/status/834190770085171201/video/1

I think he should be deserving of a fine ...

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

Front, what did you think of your boy Bernard's performance..
Is this really the guy you want to go to war with or share the same combat bunker :eyepop
'

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Coric is a bit error-filled, and DF-ing. Roanic is proving the benefit of maturity in this match so far.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Delray Beach International Men's Singles Round 2 matches on Wednesday

1-Milos Raonic (Canada) beat Borna Coric (Croatia) 6-3 7-6(2)
8-Kyle Edmund (Britain) beat Lu Yen-Hsun (Taiwan) 6-3 3-6 6-2
3-Jack Sock (U.S.) beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (Spain) 6-4 6-1
5-Steve Johnson (U.S.) beat Yoshihito Nishioka (Japan) 6-4 6-1

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Delray Beach International Men's Singles Round 2 matches on Thursday

Donald Young (U.S.) beat Taylor Fritz (U.S.) 4-6 6-3 6-4
4-Sam Querrey (U.S.) beat Jared Donaldson (U.S.) 6-2 6-3
Steve Darcis (Belgium) beat Nikoloz Basilashvili (Georgia) 6-3 7-5

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
the AntiPusher said:
Carol35 said:

Front, what did you think of your boy Bernard's performance..
Is this really the guy you want to go to war with or share the same combat bunker :eyepop
'

You could clearly see that he only finished the match out of respect for the opponent and was injured. He's injured a lot.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Delpo"ll play vs Querrey, wish him good luck

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hope Delpo can beat Querrey tonight

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
shivashish said:
Players like Tomic are a disgrace to the sport. I hope not many people look up to them.

I can't understand why Rafa is going to play doubles with him because I don't think they will go too far, maybe just one match? which I wouldn't mind at all, I want that he is going to be more focused with the singles

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Seems you're all a bit blind and unfair to Tomic who was clearly injured after set 1 ended. He was trying to win with his shot making and indeed his shot making skills are outstanding. He can bend angled shots past the best of them without even moving his body much. Thing is, he clearly couldn't move much, so before slagging him unjustly, I suggest watching more carefully to spot he was injured. He's been struggling with an adductor injury since the start of the year which seems to keep coming back. You'd think the fact that he wasn't attempting to move much would give it away but apparently not.

Ask yourself this...how many 21 year olds do you know who have had surgery on both their hips ? I know none. How about 21 year old professional tennis players who have to bend, stoop and move side to side and laterally practically all year long? He was 21 when he had it done in 2014. Now clearly hip issues put your whole body out of synch, especially lower body so maybe you could cut him some slack if he's having trouble moving. Clearly groin/adductor problems are gonna be frequent for a guy who's had both hips operated on. Some of the balls he didn't attempt to go after were right next to him and not even going fast. He's not such a d1ck that he wouldn't attempt to reach them.

He's comes across as cocky and annoying I'll be the first to admit, same as Kyrgios, but if he's not moving, it's 'cos he can't, not because he can't be bothered. If it was 38 (almost 39 now) year old Tommy Haas would you cut him some more slack 'cos he's ancient as tennis players go? Tomic has been unlucky with injuries at a young age.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Delray Beach International Men's Singles Quarterfinal matches on Friday

3-Jack Sock (U.S.) beat 5-Steve Johnson (U.S.) 6-4 7-6(4)
Donald Young (U.S.) beat Steve Darcis (Belgium) walkover

Querrey v Some Argentinian fella + Raonic v Edmond still to come.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raonic wins in the 3rd after losing the 1st to Edmund. I know there are folks who don't like Raonic's game, but, with his revolving raft of coaches and his high-flying ambitions, he's turned that big serve into a more than serviceable S&V game. Surely he is making the most of his skills and minimizing his deficiencies.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Raonic wins in the 3rd after losing the 1st to Edmund. I know there are folks who don't like Raonic's game, but, with his revolving raft of coaches and his high-flying ambitions, he's turned that big serve into a more than serviceable S&V game. Surely he is making the most of his skills and minimizing his deficiencies.

That's one thing you can't fault Raonic on... his continual commitment to maximise his game.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Delray Beach International Men's Singles Quarterfinal matches on Friday

3-Jack Sock (U.S.) beat 5-Steve Johnson (U.S.) 6-4 7-6(4)
Donald Young (U.S.) beat Steve Darcis (Belgium) walkover

Querrey v Some Argentinian fella + Raonic v Edmond still to come.

This is why it's a good place for Delpo to come back: he gets to play another big guy/big server, like Anderson, where the points won't be long. This should be a tight one. Querrey loves playing in the US, and he's still riding the confidence of beating Djokovic, I think, when it comes to serious players. It won't likely test Juan's wrist, but his mettle. Has anyone else noticed this hybrid sort of BH that he has now? It's not really a one-hander, but not pure slice, then he uses the 2-hander for more "kill" shots.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Milos / Delpo....wish Delpo good luck

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
hope Delpo can beat Milos, vamos Juan !!