Delray Beach open - 250

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:
I think you guys missed kskate's point. She was surprised to see Cilic playing 3 weeks in a row, not that he has been playing on HC.

I think more concerning is to see Haas playing 3 weeks inn a row at his age, he risks to get injured and lets be honest, he does not need the dough either.

Wait a second, let's not get crazy. There is a week between Florida and Indian Wells. And Haas did not get that deep into the last two tourneys.

Nobody says anything about the tops guys heading to Dubai then making a quick turn around to IW. That is an appearance fee tourney if there ever was one.

Haas does not rest next week, he plays in Brasil on clay AGAIN!

And those top guys like Nole and Roger did not play in a month, so they need to play somewhere...

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:
I think you guys missed kskate's point. She was surprised to see Cilic playing 3 weeks in a row, not that he has been playing on HC.

I think more concerning is to see Haas playing 3 weeks inn a row at his age, he risks to get injured and lets be honest, he does not need the dough either.

Wait a second, let's not get crazy. There is a week between Florida and Indian Wells. And Haas did not get that deep into the last two tourneys.

Nobody says anything about the tops guys heading to Dubai then making a quick turn around to IW. That is an appearance fee tourney if there ever was one.

And those top guys like Nole and Roger did not play in a month, so they need to play somewhere...

I must admit, that is an odd choice by Haas. Look for a pull out there.....

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
Well I agree some of these guys clearly don't have huge amounts of grey matter seeing as the potential points gain is WAY higher at IW and Miami with both being 1000 points up for grabs. It's unfortunate. Tommy Haas has set a goal of qualifying for the WTF this year (?all his injuries it's unbelievable but true that he never qualified in the top 8 for the WTF). Still though, miserable points gain at a 250 isn't the way to go about it :nono

where is ernie?

Probably back home in Riga in Studio 69. A strip club next to one of their best clubs LaRocca :cool: Haven't been there in years! Mafia burnt the old club to the ground and I believe they couldn't prove arson and rebuilt a brand new club which I haven't seen but the old one was great when I actually used to go to clubs :)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:

I must admit, that is an odd choice by Haas. Look for a pull out there.....

That goal of making the WTF seems to be at all costs with little intuitive sense regarding injury :nono

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Meanwhile M. Russell is one set up on Isner.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
Well I agree some of these guys clearly don't have huge amounts of grey matter seeing as the potential points gain is WAY higher at IW and Miami with both being 1000 points up for grabs. It's unfortunate. Tommy Haas has set a goal of qualifying for the WTF this year (?all his injuries it's unbelievable but true that he never qualified in the top 8 for the WTF). Still though, miserable points gain at a 250 isn't the way to go about it :nono

where is ernie?

Probably back home in Riga in Studio 69. A strip club next to one of their best clubs LaRocca :cool: Haven't been there in years! Mafia burnt the old club to the ground and I believe they couldn't prove arson and rebuilt a brand new club which I haven't seen but the old one was great when I actually used to go to clubs :)

You guys read only selected threads??
Ernire is seeded 3 this week in Marseille, check out that too. He is the top non-French seeded guy there

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:

That can't be right…Brazil is this week. Is he playing Acapulco? That would be on HC this year. (new)

A lot of the top players, (like Roger and Nole,) skip everything until IW. That's not unusual.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:

That can't be right…Brazil is this week. Is he playing Acapulco? That would be on HC this year. (new)

A lot of the top players, (like Roger and Nole,) skip everything until IW. That's not unusual.

Yep, there is a Brasil Open the 24th. BUT...I believe it now a HC tourney. (EDIT: It is INDOOR CLAY!)

Roger et al don't skip Dubai. And when roger was chasing ranking points he played the entire indoor season 2 years ago.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Ernire is seeded 3 this week in Marseille, check out that too. He is the top non-French seeded guy there

Must admit I haven't watched much tennis the last few days so yeah :D Nishikor v Karlovic bored me to death after 2 games and I didn't watch anything else except a bit of Halep v Kerber.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Moxie629 said:
herios said:
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:

Yep, there is a Brasil Open the 24th. BUT...I believe it now a HC tourney. (EDIT: It is INDOOR CLAY!)

Roger et al don't skip Dubai. And when roger was chasing ranking points he played the entire indoor season 2 years ago.

The point is, he will play non stop before IW, for 4 weeks.
And he is the OLDEST top player around. At one point, his body will crack somewhere.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:

where is ernie?

Ah, sorry, I missed that...ok, so no Studio 69 this week. :angel:

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
TsarMatt said:
If Hewitt can replicate the type of tennis we saw in Brisbane, there's a possibility he could do very well here. Nishikori will take it, though. I think '14 will be a huge year for him. He played exceptionally well against Rafa at the AO.

Rusty takes on my boy BK...fresh off 3 challenger wins.

Rusty too good in that match.

Now he is up against that mug Matosevic who got kicked out of the Davis Cup team for not having a good attitude and a decent work ethic. You teach him, Hewitt.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Thank you Herios and Moxie. You understood my point exactly.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
TsarMatt said:
Luxilon Borg said:
TsarMatt said:
If Hewitt can replicate the type of tennis we saw in Brisbane, there's a possibility he could do very well here. Nishikori will take it, though. I think '14 will be a huge year for him. He played exceptionally well against Rafa at the AO.

Rusty takes on my boy BK...fresh off 3 challenger wins.

Rusty too good in that match.

Now he is up against that mug Matosevic who got kicked out of the Davis Cup team for not having a good attitude and a decent work ethic. You teach him, Hewitt.
That was a serious spanking..a free tennis lesson.

Yeh, he should give that Matosevic a beating..strange guy.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Haas lost to US qualifier Steve Johnson in a 3rd set TB, and Karlovic retired after one game v. Anderson.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Matosevic wins the first set in TB, then Rusty retired.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
Poor Rusty. Anyone know why he retired? Hopefully it's nothing too serious.