2. Isner
3. Nishikori
4. Anderson
5. Pospisil
8. Lopez
7. Cilic
8. Hewitt

What is Lopez doing here? He should give up his Citizenship if he plays in
Delray Beach ATP 250 instead of Rio ATP 500.

p.s. I know he is the odd Spaniard.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
If Hewitt can replicate the type of tennis we saw in Brisbane, there's a possibility he could do very well here. Nishikori will take it, though. I think '14 will be a huge year for him. He played exceptionally well against Rafa at the AO.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am seeing Pospisil has withdrawn in the last minute. It means he still is not well enough, following his back injury early in the season.
On that note Milos is out since AO, with his ankle injury. I am quite saddened by this.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Personally I hope Haas wins as he ha(a)sn't been great lately since the slight injury late last year. Probably overplayed at his age. In fact no doubt about it. Given Nishikori just won a tournament already he may be tired but who knows. First time seeing Isner back in quite a while too.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
TsarMatt said:
If Hewitt can replicate the type of tennis we saw in Brisbane, there's a possibility he could do very well here. Nishikori will take it, though. I think '14 will be a huge year for him. He played exceptionally well against Rafa at the AO.

Rusty takes on my boy BK...fresh off 3 challenger wins.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
What is Cilic doing there? That's 3 weeks in a row on HC's.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Cilic is actually pretty good on clay. Played well at Munich 2012, beating Haas in straight sets in the semi and lost to Kohlschreiber in the final.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Cilic is actually pretty good on clay. Played well at Munich 2012, beating Haas in straight sets in the semi and lost to Kohlschreiber in the final.

Yes, but that is not how he pays the bills.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think you guys missed kskate's point. She was surprised to see Cilic playing 3 weeks in a row, not that he has been playing on HC.

I think more concerning is to see Haas playing 3 weeks inn a row at his age, he risks to get injured and lets be honest, he does not need the dough either.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^I get Kskate's point, and yours. They are risking not doing better at IW and Miami. And they didn't have to go to the US so soon.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I agree some of these guys clearly don't have huge amounts of grey matter seeing as the potential points gain is WAY higher at IW and Miami with both being 1000 points up for grabs. It's unfortunate. Tommy Haas has set a goal of qualifying for the WTF this year (with all his injuries it's unbelievable but true that he never qualified in the top 8 for the WTF). Still though, miserable points gain at a 250 isn't the way to go about it :nono

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
I think you guys missed kskate's point. She was surprised to see Cilic playing 3 weeks in a row, not that he has been playing on HC.

I think more concerning is to see Haas playing 3 weeks inn a row at his age, he risks to get injured and lets be honest, he does not need the dough either.

Appearance $$$$$$

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:

Appearance $$$$$$

Is either one really worth that much $$?

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Well I agree some of these guys clearly don't have huge amounts of grey matter seeing as the potential points gain is WAY higher at IW and Miami with both being 1000 points up for grabs. It's unfortunate. Tommy Haas has set a goal of qualifying for the WTF this year (?all his injuries it's unbelievable but true that he never qualified in the top 8 for the WTF). Still though, miserable points gain at a 250 isn't the way to go about it :nono

where is ernie?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:
Well I agree some of these guys clearly don't have huge amounts of grey matter seeing as the potential points gain is WAY higher at IW and Miami with both being 1000 points up for grabs. It's unfortunate. Tommy Haas has set a goal of qualifying for the WTF this year (?all his injuries it's unbelievable but true that he never qualified in the top 8 for the WTF). Still though, miserable points gain at a 250 isn't the way to go about it :nono

where is ernie?

Probably more intelligently saving himself for IW and Miami. :cool:

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
Front242 said:

where is ernie?

Probably more intelligently saving himself for IW and Miami. :cool:

HE definitely does not need the appearance fee!

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:

Wait a second, let's not get crazy. There is a week between Florida and Indian Wells. And Haas did not get that deep into the last two tourneys.

Nobody says anything about the tops guys heading to Dubai then making a quick turn around to IW. That is an appearance fee tourney if there ever was one.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Luxilon Borg said:
herios said:

Appearance $$$$$$

Is either one really worth that much $$?

Exactly, plus we talk about Haas who got married into a very rich family, not that implies he wants to be relying on Dad in law's wealth.
Anyway, if you think he pushed it too far, then hold onto your seat, guess where he will play AGAIN next week?
In Brasil Open, on clay!! Smart move to move to clay for a week only right before IW:puzzled