ATP Roland Garros / French Open, Paris, France, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dude, take these darn filters or adjustments or whatever you are using on your cameras off so I can understand what you mean when it is really getting dark out there ! It is meaningless to me when you say it is difficult to see the balls and the lines now because I am seeing everything as clear as fuck !
Ha, I know what you mean. They did show the difference one year between the reality and what the viewer sees on TV. I think it was at Wimbledon - pretty stark contrast.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ha, I know what you mean. They did show the difference one year between the reality and what the viewer sees on TV. I think it was at Wimbledon - pretty stark contrast.
That is right. TV camera's are distorting a lot, everything looks brighter than it is.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I’ve said repeatedly that Wimbledon 08 was too dark at the end. I was half a mile away trust me

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori got screwed. He should have been moved so that his match could have finished in one day. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has nothing left, and gets crushed in the next round.

I’m half hoping Fed loses to Wawrinka so that his last ever match at FO (my assumption) doesn’t end with a loss to Nadal.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
French Open Order of Play for QF Tuesday, June 4, 2019
upload_2019-6-3_19-11-59.png

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Nishikori got screwed. He should have been moved so that his match could have finished in one day. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has nothing left, and gets crushed in the next round.

I’m half hoping Fed loses to Wawrinka so that his last ever match at FO (my assumption) doesn’t end with a loss to Nadal.

These majors will always accommodate the stars in the end! I've seen some duplicitous scheduling more than a few times over the decades! One had a guy's match finish around 1 AM at the USO, but they thought nothing of having him back on court against Jimmy Connors at Noon that very day! I would have told those people where to put there schedule! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm::banghead::cuckoo::eek: :rolleyes:

Reactions: don_fabio

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions

I hoped he will win in straights, to face bull at least with a full tank. But most likely it wouldn’t have changed anything.
I strongly prefer Roger to win, and he will. Think he has a chance against bull, so far this Nadal wasn’t impressive.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Manic Monday at work. Did not see a single point of any match live.

Sasha has already "won" this RG. I did not expect him (and also think no one seriously expected him ) to reach another QF at this RG after his dismal showing in the European clay season.

Does anyone know KK's win was legit or JMDP hampered by the alleged knee issues?

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Latest odds with the QFs set. Rafa's chances keep increasing every day.

Roger has finally become the leader of pretenders.

1. Ralph 3/4 (57.14%)
2. Novak 11/4 (26.67%)
3. Thiem 9 (10%)

4. Roger 20 (4.76%)
5. Stan 25 (3.85%)
6. Sasha 45 (2.17%)

7. KK / Special K (1.23%)

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Manic Monday at work. Did not see a single point of any match live.

Sasha has already "won" this RG. I did not expect him (and also think no one seriously expected him ) to reach another QF at this RG after his dismal showing in the European clay season.

Does anyone know KK's win was legit or JMDP hampered by the alleged knee issues?
It was absolutely deserved, he played lights out.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It was absolutely deserved, he played lights out.
Agreed. I didn't think that Khach had that sort of focus and application. If he keeps playing this type of tennis he has chances against almost anyone not named Djokovic, Nadal or Federer. I just don't see that type of ball crushing being effective against those guys, they would all find solutions

Reactions: Bonaca

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
After all these years it's ironic that it still looks like it will come down to the greatest 3 male players the game has ever seen :(

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
After all these years it's ironic that it still looks like it will come down to the greatest 3 male players the game has ever seen :(
I am not sad about that. Let us enjoy this fact while it lasts. It will come to an end, i think sooner than we all expect.

Reactions: ftan and tented

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The big3 are just something else. But I like the fact that new rivalries are slowly picking up between them and new gen guys. It already got more exiting on slams now. Soon the young guys will have something to say too when it comes to fighting for a trophy.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@tenisplayrla08

Following that post about 5 set players records. Novak is so much above Nadal and Federer in that list, sitting on 9th place, compared to 60th and 99th.

I haven't looked at this list before. I'm not surprised to see Novak that high, but I tought Rafa and Fed would sit much higher than where they are at the moment.

Okay, Wawrinka - Federer schlager is about to start.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Yep. Generally speaking, they would place it first in the schedule. However, they may put it second also as they would not want all the fans leaving the stadium after this, if this were the first semifinal.

Guy Forget has announced tentative plans.

All the matches of today are postponed to Thursday.

All four semifinals will be on Friday (Friday appears to be washed out also, but they will worry about it later, proceeding as though it is a fine day for the present). The two men's SF will be on PC. They plan to split the two women's SF between SL and SM courts (this way they can ensure that both girls reaching the finals will have the same recovery time as the rain, if it happens will affect both SFs equally). The women's final as scheduled on Saturday (even though some girls have to play three days in a row) and men's final as scheduled on Sunday (they will need to revise all these plans once Friday get washed out).

Given that today's QF matches are postponed, Guy Forget also announced that Fedal will be the first semifinal on PC (to give
Novak and Thiem more time to recover for the semifinals).

Here are the schedule changes that are being planned by Guy Forget

Last edited:
Reactions: Federberg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Guy Forget..Tournament Director

'Possibility of both finals being moved back a day if Friday's weather wreak havoc'......we could see men's final being played on Monday.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Since the main RG thread is closed, I am posting it here.

Here are the current odds for winning RG.

1. Ralph 8/11 (57.89%)
2. Novak 14/5 (26.32%)

3. Thiem 10 (9.09%)
4. Roger 20 (4.76%)

5. Sasha 50 (1.96%)
6. KK 80 (1.23%)

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
^All of which adds up to 101.25%?

Anyhow, according to the odds I have about a 17% of being pleased with the final result.

Reactions: Federberg
Status
Not open for further replies.