4 J.Isner
5 D.Thiem
6 F.Fognini
7 A.Dolgopolov
8 P.Cuevas

buenos-aires-2015-thursday-nadal-kids.jpg

argentina_open_atp.jpg

About Buenos Aires:
Buenos Aires, Argentina’s big, cosmopolitan capital, is known for its European atmosphere, passionate tango and vibrant nightlife. Its center is the 16th-century Plaza de Mayo, lined with stately buildings including Casa Rosada, the iconic, balconied presidential palace. In Microcentro, Florida Street is the main shopping thoroughfare, leading to Plaza San Martín, a busy park that was once the site of a bullfighting arena.

buenos-aires-2015-thursday-robredo-tango.jpg

Rafael Nadal was the 2015 Champion. David Ferrer has also won the Argentina Open on three occasions.

Reactions: Carol

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pretty strong field considering it clashes with Rotterdam.

This would normally be a straightforward pick for Rafael Nadal, back on his beloved clay... but times have changed a little. Still, I think he's too strong on the dirt for the rest of the field. If somebody takes Nadal out then Ferrer would be the pick... but Ferrer won't be winning here going through Nadal himself.

Nadal talks before he leaves for Buenos Aires... (translation would be nice from a spanish speaking poster @Moxie :) ??)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

This would normally be a straightforward pick for Rafael Nadal, back on his beloved clay... but times have changed a little. Still, I think he's too strong on the dirt for the rest of the field. If somebody takes Nadal out then Ferrer would be the pick... but Ferrer won't be winning here going through Nadal himself.

Nadal talks before he leaves for Buenos Aires... (translation would be nice from a spanish speaking poster @Moxie :) ??)

The problem is that he is speaking in mallorqui language which I can't understand so well, sorry :confused:

Reactions: britbox

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Wow what a field for a 250 tournament. I'll be able to watch a lot more since it is more in tune to my time zone.:yahoo:

Tough first round for both Rafa and Pico, especially since they are such good friends.

But forza F3!!!!!::sw1::

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Yes, it's in Catalan/Mallorquín, but let's not pretend they say anything so complicated in "sports-talk" that we can't catch a fair amount. Rafa said that he feels well-prepared, but he also thought he was well-prepared for the AO...so?? He talks about finding his rhythm. And Toni mentions the difficult possibilities with Ferrer, Tsonga and Fognini in the draw. That's what I got out of it.

Reactions: Billie and britbox

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hi Carol, so do they use a different dialect in Mallorca?

Yep, and it's not too easy to understand, some words are similar that Spanish but not too many. I tried to understand but he speaks too fast, I got lost :wacko:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was actually a theatre, as you can see. I went there...it is stunningly beautiful. And full of people. They really hang out and read books.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Manacor's bull should win that

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Rafa says: "I did a quick decision to play here in Argentina, I had a early exit in Melburne and I don't like to be off too long"

Now I'd like to read the ClayDeath opinion about it..........:mail: