Argentína Open Buenos Aires 250 clay

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Cecchinato utterly dominated in the final. He wins his 3 title.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Cecchinato is a great player to watch. Hope he picks up from there and becomes a serious threat.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Todays' final was a very good quality match, even if the score line might indicate otherwise. I highly recommend the highlights.It pays back with interest everything that yesterday's Thiem x Schwartzmann failed to deliver.

Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

These highlights are terrible. Mine that I posted above are much, much better, with two minutes more. In those two minutes, both players fire 234324 winners, the most astonishingly beautiful woman ever runs around the court twice completely naked, aliens invade and are defeated, all this with the soundtrack of Carlos Gardel's ghost surprise appearance.

Reactions: kskate2

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cecchinato is a great player to watch. Hope he picks up from there and becomes a serious threat.
Don't forget he's the guy who upset Djokovic in the QFs of RG last year. Djokovic wasn't full steam yet, but, as we've seen, not far from it. He'll be one to watch this clay season.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Don't forget he's the guy who upset Djokovic in the QFs of RG last year. Djokovic wasn't full steam yet, but, as we've seen, not far from it. He'll be one to watch this clay season.

Actually I didn't. But I had a feeling that if I mentioned it people would quickly say that Djokovic was still playing bellow his usual level (well, he was), but I saw the match and it was won with authority and style. We all know the big boys make a living by winning when they are not at their peak forms so it was still very impressive.

What your post did remind me is that Cecchinato is the last guy to beat Djokovic at a major.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually I didn't. But I had a feeling that if I mentioned it people would quickly say that Djokovic was still playing bellow his usual level (well, he was), but I saw the match and it was won with authority and style. We all know the big boys make a living by winning when they are not at their peak forms so it was still very impressive.

What your post did remind me is that Cecchinato is the last guy to beat Djokovic at a major.
That match was Cecchinato's calling card. Even half-steam, no one expected the Italian to pull it off, and he played very well. And don't remind me of the last bit...I still have PTSD over Nadal's loss to him at W SFs. :facepalm:

Reactions: mrzz