2024 WTA News & Gossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The banshee.is getting whipped and is down a set and 0-3 in the 2nd to my scrub Keys .it's still time for keys to give the match back to the banshee.

Update: my scrub is going to hold on to win..
I had internet problems back on line now yes Madison played well to win the title in Strasbourg I will post a note on the final shortly

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Madison Keys winning her first title of the year at Strasbourg, and her first title on red clay, it is Keys eighth career title
Keys had a commanding win against fellow American Danielle Collins 61 62
Collins saved 4 championship points, Keys on her 5th chance won with a cross court fhand return winner
Keys returned well during the match especially on Collins 2nd serves
Despite losing Collins is projected to enter the Top Ten on Monday, well deserved after her great results so far this year

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Madison Keys winning her first title of the year at Strasbourg, and her first title on red clay, it is Keys eighth career title
Keys had a commanding win against fellow American Danielle Collins 61 62
Collins saved 4 championship points, Keys on her 5th chance won with a cross court fhand return winner
Keys returned well during the match especially on Collins 2nd serves
Despite losing Collins is projected to enter the Top Ten on Monday, well deserved after her great results so far this year
Keys has had an pretty decent clay court season losing to IGA in the past few weeks.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Another American Petyon Stearns
Keys has had an pretty decent clay court season losing to IGA in the past few weeks.
Since her shoulder problems this year, Madison has found her game on clay, hopefully she can take this good form into RG, she just has to watch her margins and play, aggressive controlled tennis, keeping her ufe low which is a must on clay

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The banshee.is getting whipped and is down a set and 0-3 in the 2nd to my scrub Keys .it's still time for keys to give the match back to the banshee.

Update: my scrub is going to hold on to win..
Madi did well today. She did to Banshee, what Banshee usually does to folks. It was impressive, but I've seen this from Madi before. She'll play well the week or two before a slam and then crash out at the big dance.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Madi did well today. She did to Banshee, what Banshee usually does to folks. It was impressive, but I've seen this from Madi before. She'll play well the week or two before a slam and then crash out at the big dance.
Very true.. if I had to have a player play a match with my well being at stake , Keys definitely wouldn't be that player.

Who knows maybe she finally figured out how to play the game of tennis!

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
New WTA Top Ten just before Roland Garros, 27th May,

1. Swiatek
2. Sabalenka
3. Gauff
4. Rybakina
5. Pegula
6. Vondrousova
7. Sakkari
8. Zheng
9. Jabeur
10 Collins (+2)

New Career Highs WTA Top 100,
86. Bouzas Maneiro
89. B.Fruhvirtova ( lost in RG qualies)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As I posted a little while ago Sabalenka was seen holding hands and hugging found of Oakley Georgios Frangulis in Rome
Well both of them have made their relationship official on their instagram pages, showing the video of hugging and holding hands in Rome

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner confirms his relationship with Anna Kalinskaya in the Italian portion of his post match press conference at RG today

Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Caroline Wozniacki and Psula Badosa with wild cards for WTA500 Bad Homburg 22-29 June

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, Madison played a great match against Ms. Collins, but I would not be too much into that for the future. They have known each other since they are about 10 years old, so as a whole different dynamic going on their and Madison is one of the few who can match Miss Collins in terms of power and aggressiveness when she is on her again. Madison was on Saturday and Danielle was not necessarily off, but simply was not able to get into her groove. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that they know each other for so long. If it is in the French open and they may, I will take Miss Collins to win.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^^^Good Lord I apologize for the misspellings up there. Geez

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just looking at some up and coming grass tournaments,
To my surprise at Eastbourne, Karolina Muchova's name is on the entry list, hopefully her wrist has healed after having surgery earlier this year, her game translates well on the grass.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Portia Archer has been appointed CEO of the WTA.
Archer joins the WTA from the NBA, where she held the position of Chief Operating Officer of the NBA G League. She will take up her new position with the WTA on July, 2024.