2024 French Open Final: Swiatek vs. Paolini

Who wins the slam?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I want to see how Jasmine responds and plays for the rest of the year, she was totally outplayed today by Iga, she even said Iga is soo tough to play on clay
Jasmine does well on HC remember she won her first WTA title1000 on HC, a slower HC, her serve can be a problem on the faster HC and grass, though she has the tools on grass to be competitive
I want her to reach top five soon..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I want her to reach top five soon..
I dont know about that, at present, that maybe a bridge too far, players like Saba, Gauff and Rybakina on their day are tough to beat, I know Jazz did defeat Elina on clay, I feel she would be hard to beat on a faster surface, HC and Grass
Vondrousova is No 5 and she does have points to defend at Wimby, being the defending champion
Pegula is No 6 and she returns to the grass, having not competed in the clay season,due to her neck injury

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I want to see how Jasmine responds and plays for the rest of the year, she was totally outplayed today by Iga, she even said Iga is soo tough to play on clay
Jasmine does well on HC remember she won her first WTA title1000 on HC, a slower HC, her serve can be a problem on the faster HC and grass, though she has the tools on grass to be competitive
I think the tennis community has found a new darling in Jasmine. I hope she get the tv commercial and other endorsements like Miss Lil Bit.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the tennis community has found a new darling in Jasmine. I hope she get the tv commercial and other endorsements like Miss Lil Bit.
Lets take a Deep Breath okay with Jasmine, regardless of her smile etc also she has picked up a new endorsement, she got spanked by Iga in their final?
Sponsors are only going to stay around on their results of their players
I am only interested how a player performs and if they improve,
Lets see how Jasmine goes in the grass season and the HC season before we all get carried away

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I posted a table on the WTA News and Gossip regarding the current active players with GS titles,
Looking down the table soo many players there are still I GS Wonders? that to me is sad in ways, I mean reaching and winning your first GS title is hard enough, but not improving is sadder to me, okay we can give players passes for awhile, after winning their 1st GS title, some of those players have not gone on to win another title and their ranking has go to the 'dogs'

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am also interested to see if Coco can win a GS doubles title, I feel she has a great chance with her partner Sinkikova who has won GS titles with Krejickova when they were the No 1 doubles team, Coco did say if she won the Doubles title, she may not chase GS doubles titles again.
Still I would love Jasime/Errani to win,
Italy so far has had no cigar, with mens singles, womens singles and our mens doubles team

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am also interested to see if Coco can win a GS doubles title, I feel she has a great chance with her partner Sinkikova who has won GS titles with Krejickova when they were the No 1 doubles team, Coco did say if she won the Doubles title, she may not chase GS doubles titles again.
Italy so far has had no cigar, with mens singles, womens singles and our mens doubles team
I want Jasmine to win, she deserves a good consolation prize.Coco has a lot of time to win a doubles slam.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I want Jasmine to win, she deserves a good consolation prize.Coco has a lot of time to win a doubles slam.
Well if they play well Jasmine and Errani they will deserve to take the title, Coco said in her press conference the other day, she might not chase GS doubles title in the future.? I think she wants to concentrate on her singles play at GS, then play doubles at smaller tournaments, I wonder now Jess is back she is playing a grass tournament in the Netherlands which starts next week, if they will team up together?

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well if they play well Jasmine and Errani they will deserve to take the title, Coco said in her press conference the other day, she might not chase GS doubles title in the future.? I think she wants to concentrate on her singles play at GS, then play doubles at smaller tournaments, I wonder now Jess it back she is playing a grass tournament in the Netherlands which starts next week, if they will team up together?
I think they have seemingly grown apart especially after Coco won the Open.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I don't know if Coco will win tomorrow. She was in the Rome doubs final and lost it to Jaz/Sara, incidentally w/ a DF on MP. Maybe that is why she teamed up w/ Siniakova because this girl is already a proven doubs champ.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
John Wertheim had a chance to ask Amelie Mauresmo, Tournament Director about the absence of women's matches at the night session's
Her response,
" It is not (about ) quality.It is all about length".
Translation,
We cannot charge for a separate session and have Iga win 61 61 in under an hour

Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good luck ladies in the Doubles Finals which has just started

Paolini /Errani vs Gauff/Siniakova

Tight 1st set which went to a TB Errani/Paolini had a forced bhand error and Gauff/Siniakova won the TB 76(5)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations to Coco Gauff and Katerina Siniakova winning the Ladies Doubles title defeating Paolini/Errani 76(5) 63
For Coco Guaff its her first major doubles title, for Katerina Siniakova it is her 8th
Well done ladies! it is their first time playing as a team!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Sara is a great doubs player, but that serve is such a liability that it evens out whatever she can do at net.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A fun fact,
Coco Gauff 20, is the youngest player to win Grand Slam singles and doubles titles since Svetlana Kuznetsova in 2005

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gauff now a singles and doubles major champ at age 20, and may not play doubles as frequently going forward based on her comments this week