2023 Men's Wimbledon Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz has to watch himself he could go down a double break in the 4th set, just as I thought he would ease through the 4th set

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I agree — this should be an easy path to the semis, therefore he should get there. Novak is another problem, of course, but Sinner should get there. And I also agree this would be huge for his confidence.
Two things: I do not want to say it is an "easy" draw for Sinner because he has not done enough on the tour for him to have an "easy" draw. Also, sports comes into play here.

Last thing: I am not even think(ing) about Djokovic because Sinner's main priorities are staying healthy AND reaching his 1st Slam SF. If he can do both first, then I will start thinki(ng) about Djokovic.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jarry up 4-1. I guess we’re going 5?

Alcaraz has himself to blame, he had the momentum after the 3rd set and then played a very poor service game early in the 4th set and has never really recovered

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Alcaraz has himself to blame, he had the momentum after the 3rd set and then played a very poor service game early in the 4th set and has never really recovered
and didn't get the rebreak when presented w/ multiple opportunities. Disappointing from the newly minted #1 seed

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fokina is playing well. He’s made an adjustment to the turf. Pleased to see it. Up a break in the third.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz back on serve in the 4th set after a horrid service game from Jarry, these 2 know how to have poor service games in the 4th set

Reactions: tented

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Watching Fokina v. Rune… fun hitting. Fokina with a double break takes the third set.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m curious to see Alcaraz play Rune.

I’m growing to like the Dane more and more. The Viking powers cast by @Jelenafan‘s posts have weakened me. :lightning:
Rune and Sinner are similar in which it will take time for them before they are fully developed in both physically and their games. The great thing is that they are both young AND they are steadily improving day by day.

They just got to be very patient and trust the process.

Reactions: tented
Status
Not open for further replies.