2023 ATP General News

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mikael Ymer (24) retires from professional tennis. The Swedish tennis player had recently been suspended for 18 months for having missed some anti-doping tests. He suddenly announced it on his social media channels
"Hey guys I've decided to retire from professional tennis. Thank you all for the amazing memories. What a ride its been. I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition".

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Mikael Ymer (24) retires from professional tennis. The Swedish tennis player had recently been suspended for 18 months for having missed some anti-doping tests. He suddenly announced it on his social media channels
"Hey guys I've decided to retire from professional tennis. Thank you all for the amazing memories. What a ride its been. I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition".
Guilty of using drugs is evidently his real reason

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he knew he would have to fight his way back from the challenger level tournaments and etc..I think it's just temporary unless he has a plan B
Well as we have seen playing in the Challenger tournaments is pretty competitive, maybe he didnt want to go down that path, though being out of competition for 18 months he really has no other choice
I just looked up of Ymer's stats he has a 2-0 H2H against Alcaraz and he defeated Fritz at Wimbledon

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Results SFs at the Winston Salem tournament

S.Baez d B.Coric 63 67(4) 76(2)
S. Korda gave a walkover ( ankle injury) to Jiri Lehecka

Final, Winston Salem Tournament,
Saturday 26th August,

S.Baez (6) vs L. Lehecka (50

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jack Sock, a former No 8, 4 time major doubles champion,Olympics gold medalist, announced he is retiring from professional tennis at this year's US Open, he received a doubles wild card , he is teaming up with John Isner, who is retiring as well. Jack Sock is now a professional pickle ball player.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He’s (I believe) 5’7” tall. He strikes the ball well, has excellent timing and moves well around the court.
Then I saw he's playing Coric first round, and decided to go with Coric. But thanks for the scouting tips. Surely that one could go either way. Depends on how soon he has to get back on the court. He's top half, so not until Tues., earliest, so maybe he'll ride his wave of form, or maybe he'll have a letdown. I flipped a coin and heart said Coric, who is one I'd like to see come back to form and has been doing pretty well with that.

Reactions: nehmeth

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Then I saw he's playing Coric first round, and decided to go with Coric. But thanks for the scouting tips. Surely that one could go either way. Depends on how soon he has to get back on the court. He's top half, so not until Tues., earliest, so maybe he'll ride his wave of form, or maybe he'll have a letdown. I flipped a coin and heart said Coric, who is one I'd like to see come back to form and has been doing pretty well with that.
Maybe Coric will avenge his semifinal loss from the other night when they played.

Reactions: Fiero425
Status
Not open for further replies.