2020 French Open SF: Novak Djokovic vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I give Stefano a set in a tightly contested contest.

As much as I love it aesthetically, Steffano's BH is suspect here on the red clay with the heavier conditions. I think Novak can break it down, especially BO5.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I guess it depends on if Djokovic is still having physical issues. (PCB expressed some skepticism in his press conference after the match.) Tsitsipas has been playing pretty loose and well since the first round. Maybe it was you that said on the other thread that Novak can't afford a slow start on Friday like he had today.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
@Jelenafan A reply to your other post saying that Tsitsipas is a streaky player. I see what you mean. He is a lot better player than Busta, but no one really knows how he will play tomorrow, even himself. His backhand and Ros are weaknesses. Perhaps he studied from these grinders that push Novak and Stefanos can be more patient before attempting the attack and winners.

@Moxie I mentioned that Novak can't afford a slow start. Not sure if Novak is injured or if there is anything at all. We all know how cold Paris is at the moment, perhaps he started a little bit stiff yesterday given the cold weather and bad memories from a few weeks ago. Once his body warmed up I would say he played completely normal.

Reactions: Fiero425

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
Say 4. Maybe to warm up - loosing 1st set.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
@Jelenafan A reply to your other post saying that Tsitsipas is a streaky player. I see what you mean. He is a lot better player than Busta, but no one really knows how he will play tomorrow, even himself. His backhand and Ros are weaknesses. Perhaps he studied from these grinders that push Novak and Stefanos can be more patient before attempting the attack and winners.

@Moxie I mentioned that Novak can't afford a slow start. Not sure if Novak is injured or if there is anything at all. We all know how cold Paris is at the moment, perhaps he started a little bit stiff yesterday given the cold weather and bad memories from a few weeks ago. Once his body warmed up I would say he played completely normal.

A Game Novak in 3.
B Game novak in 4-5.

He will punish fake hero’s BH.

For ALL Novak Fans AND country fellows:

Zamislite Novaka i Bobu u F a Mirjana iz Kragujevca sudi!
Ća ima lipše, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Go Stefanos. Throw the serbian jerk out of Roland Garros:angry-face: Tennis needs a shot in the arm.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Go Stefanos. Throw the serbian jerk out of Roland Garros:angry-face: Tennis needs a shot in the arm.

Cheap Jesus-Copy is not the shot Tennis needs.

Greek midget hero will go down.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Didn't watch Nole's QF match. But, I hear that he has shoulder, neck and arm issues. If those issues are just a drama or minor stuff, I will go with Novak. Otherwise, I actually pick (not just give a chance) to Perseus.

Reactions: Moxie

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Didn't watch Nole's QF match. But, I hear that he has shoulder, neck and arm issues. If those issues are just a drama or minor stuff, I will go with Novak. Otherwise, I actually pick (not just give a chance) to Perseus.

Novak improved noticeably as the Busta match went on, afterwards stated he felt fine . At one point in the match he even off the neck patch. Who know? So hard to gauge with these cold fall conditions plus the heavier balls, but yeah, if he's going to need over an hour to get warmed up in the SF"s or potentially F's doesn't bode well.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Djoke’s injury is likely a pinched nerve in the neck that causes pain and/or weakness in the left arm. If that resurfaces, he’ll lose no matter how much better he is than Tsitsi. If healthy, Djoke wins in 3.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tsitsipas i

If he is down 0-15 he had all those issues, if he was up 15-0 he was perfect.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Novak with a good start, 3:0, he ain't injured.

Nole took the 1st set! On serve in the 2nd! Looks like it'll be up to Perseus if he wants t/b aggressive & @ the same time cut the UFE's! :face-with-head-bandage:

Update: Either people aren't watching or they're too intent to post! Nole on a roll and took the 2nd set after breaking twice down L-40! How demoralizing is that? Stefanos has all the ability in the world, but even when playing his best, he can whiff and make inexplicable UFE's! You can't get away with that playing against Nadovic! :sick:

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Jesus, this Novak please in F.
Just one set to dream F!!!!!!!

Idemooooooooooooo

By the way, where are the Nadaltrolls, where?

Reactions: Fiero425

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Whay Tsitsipas acts like he deserves a break of serve? You need to earn it and then you deserve it. Don't know, his attitude seems just like the above.