Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Thiem in five sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nick bashing even when the post is irrelevant, wtf? ok you cant show some respect, at least know that Nick is a trillion times more talented than your sorry behind the screen fat ass who can't even move. Like him or not, whenever he tries and faces someone good, he would deliver a good match win or lose...….which is what entertainment is about, and kind of what most tennis fans pay to see. meanwhile you just keep being bitter, talk crap and whinge about bs.

Yes, a professional tennis player is better than me at tennis. Phenomenal news.

In even better news, ""whenever he plays someone good, he delivers, win or lose." Well, maybe he should consider beating the bad players first, in order to make it to the good players more often? Just a thought.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I still object to the notion of "All Thiem", esp. if you're going to talk about blown leads. It's not "all" anyone, in close matches, esp. of this calibre and these went to 3 TBs. I know you're a good analyst of tennis, and I think this is beneath you.

It is never "all" anyone, that I agree, but when someone writes that Nadal "blew" a lead, in that particular match, is utterly false. It sounds like he double faulted on set point, when what happened is that Thiem played a truly amazing point. 99,99% of the field would have conceded that set. Thiem did not. (and in my post that was what I was talking about when I wrote "all Thiem").

The notion that Nadal "blew" leads (and in this way possibly the match) is farther away from the truth that the notion that the outcome was "all Thiem" (which was not my point anyway).

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Not at all Nadal was only 70% in the match that's my opinion can't take it that's on you.
Don’t know if he was injured, but I posted before I don’t know why he is not reaching better levels this year so far?
A Nadal of late last year would have beaten this Austrian peasant for sure my friend.
He will get his revenge in Paris!

Reactions: Andy22

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don’t know if he was injured, but I posted before I don’t know why he is not reaching better levels this year so far?
A Nadal of late last year would have beaten this Austrian peasant for sure my friend.
He will get his revenge in Paris!
I disagree. Nadal didn’t serve well, especially at the US Open final last year. As you may remember, Nadal had a much easier draw at the US Open than at the AO this year.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I disagree. Nadal didn’t serve well, especially at the US Open final last year. As you may remember, Nadal had a much easier draw at the US Open than at the AO this year.
He played better at the end of last year than now.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, a professional tennis player is better than me at tennis. Phenomenal news.

In even better news, ""whenever he plays someone good, he delivers, win or lose." Well, maybe he should consider beating the bad players first, in order to make it to the good players more often? Just a thought.
Tennis or not, he is an one in a million elite in what he does...and you?

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Tennis or not, he is an one in a million elite in what he does...and you?

I'm not an athlete. I never claimed to be. But I'm smart enough to tell when someone isn't as good as others claim he is, and everything so far proves it. Can you offer a single argument other than ""everyone says he's talented""? Have you ever been able to break down his game, what makes his talent so special, etc...? What are we doing on a tennis forum if we can't criticize a player's game? Do you have to be a chef to tell that a soup tastes like shit?

Reactions: Bonaca

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not an athlete. I never claimed to be. But I'm smart enough to tell when someone isn't as good as others claim he is, and everything so far proves it. Can you offer a single argument other than ""everyone says he's talented""? Have you ever been able to break down his game, what makes his talent so special, etc...? What are we doing on a tennis forum if we can't criticize a player's game? Do you have to be a chef to tell that a soup tastes like shit?
According to known facts not someone's opinion, he is a one in a million elite in his job which you are not, so STFU.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What are we doing on a tennis forum if we can't criticize a player's game?
No you just bluntly chuck cheap shit Nick bashing crap, wasn't about his game "Nick Kyrgios's irrelevant ass" which had nothing with that particular post. You got low, and I called it.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Can you offer a single argument other than ""everyone says he's talented""?
Lets say, gather Nadal, JMac, Federer, FAA etc (who have all endorsed his talent/ability), and you offer your very valuable argument that his talent is not special....who the fuk are you? you think you can analyse about a player that they can't, you are an idiot.

I can also do the same, I can certainly find Nick's repeated losses against lesser players and judge him lowly like you....or the cheap mouths here; anyone can do it on a couch with zero credentials. As far as I know though, professional opinion is regarded differently than some couch potato's....."oh I actually offer my potato argument to show he's no good....etc". yeah sure, your word against the whole lot (not just one) of the greatest tennis professionals ever known.

And of course you'd still say 'I am not going by what everyone says', as if that counters anything. As far as I have seen, almost every professional who has commented on Nick did not ever doubt his ability, only the self-appointed experts here did. I am sure you lot think you know what they don't, good for you.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lets say, gather Nadal, JMac, Federer, FAA etc (who have all endorsed his talent/ability), and you offer your very valuable argument that his talent is not special....who the fuk are you? you think you can analyse about a player that they can't, you are an idiot.

I can also do the same, I can certainly find Nick's repeated losses against lesser players and judge him lowly like you....or the cheap mouths here; anyone can do it on a couch with zero credentials. As far as I know though, professional opinion is regarded differently than some couch potato's....."oh I actually offer my potato argument to show he's no good....etc". yeah sure, your word against the whole lot (not just one) of the greatest tennis professionals ever known.

And of course you'd still say 'I am not going by what everyone says', as if that counters anything. As far as I have seen, almost every professional who has commented on Nick did not ever doubt his ability, only the self-appointed experts here did. I am sure you lot think you know what they don't, good for you.

Except I actually have repeatedly explained why Nick's GAME isn't special. The losses to supposedly inferior players are just a result of that. You don't understand tennis. You're incapable of offering insight. Even if it's bad insight. Because you can't analyze.

Also what do you want players to say? Nick is talented but not as much as everyone claims he is? Who the fuck is going to say that?

All you have to say, again, is what players say about him. It's OK to be so dumb as to want others to do the thinking for you. It's not OK to chastise others for being able to formulate an informed opinion.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No you just bluntly chuck cheap shit Nick bashing crap, wasn't about his game "Nick Kyrgios's irrelevant ass" which had nothing with that particular post. You got low, and I called it.

He is irrelevant, as far as elite players go. Because he never makes it to the elite players except when they play him early because that's where his irrelevant ass crashes out every time. That's a literal fact. Care you counter argue it? Have you seen him in the QF of a slam in the last half a decade? I'll wait...

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
According to known facts not someone's opinion, he is a one in a million elite in his job which you are not, so STFU.

Except I'm not comparing him to million bums you fucking moron, I'm comparing him to fellow elite athletes...who continuously outperform him in every way. That again, is a fact. You fucking moron, say it with me: A FACT. If it's not, please counter it. Show me where Nick has excelled compared to fellow tennis players who have actually earned their reputations. Again, I'll wait, you fucking moron.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Except I actually have repeatedly explained why Nick's GAME isn't special. The losses to supposedly inferior players are just a result of that. You don't understand tennis. You're incapable of offering insight. Even if it's bad insight. Because you can't analyze.

Also what do you want players to say? Nick is talented but not as much as everyone claims he is? Who the fuck is going to say that?

All you have to say, again, is what players say about him. It's OK to be so dumb as to want others to do the thinking for you. It's not OK to chastise others for being able to formulate an informed opinion.
Hey just shut it, you are a cheap potato. Players actually went out of their way to praise, not when they are asked.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Except I'm not comparing him to million bums you fucking moron, I'm comparing him to fellow elite athletes...who continuously outperform him in every way. That again, is a fact. You fucking moron, say it with me: A FACT. If it's not, please counter it. Show me where Nick has excelled compared to fellow tennis players who have actually earned their reputations. Again, I'll wait, you fucking moron.
Bum? You are the bum. Fuckn big mouth potato.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Except I actually have repeatedly explained why Nick's GAME isn't special.
You actually think you ‘explained’? That’s not explanation or analysis whatever you call it, that’s nothing more than an idiot whinging nonsensical bs and expects to be respected for doing so. Since when does your tennis insight go anywhere? In comparison people pay to hear what the professionals have to say, you idiot.