Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Thiem in five sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The most intriguing QF match of this fortnight. Nadal leads H2H matchup 9-4 and he is 1-0 in their only meeting outside of Clay at the 2018 US Open. By the way, this is Thiem's 2nd QF outside of Clay.

Quick Note: If Nadal wins this match, he keeps his number 1 ranking over Djokovic.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I am heavily rooting for Nadal!
But i am afraid this will be a tough one.

Nadal in 4 or 5.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think this will be close, with Nadal winning in 5 sets.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I want him to play as often as possible against Novak.
Is it because you think Djokovic would beat him, like last year? It might be harder for Djokovic to win this year if they meet again.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Is it because you think Djokovic would beat him, like last year? It might be harder for Djokovic to win this year if they meet again.
I like their matches the most and their rivalry, because Novak is my favorite and Nadal the most i dislike. And yes I think he would beat him everywhere and want him to increase the h2h in his favour.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
nadal in 5 sets should be like their 2018 us open match hope nadal starts better.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Thiem will roll over in easy three

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I like their matches the most and their rivalry, because Novak is my favorite and Nadal the most i dislike. And yes I think he would beat him everywhere and want him to increase the h2h in his favour.
I have to agree. There's only one outcome these days off clay. I think if they face each other here it almost doesn't matter what Novak's form is like. I think he'll pound Rafa like a drum. Personally I don't really want to see them face each other off clay anymore. It's no longer interesting to me

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I have to agree. There's only one outcome these days off clay. I think if they face each other here it almost doesn't matter what Novak's form is like. I think he'll pound Rafa like a drum. Personally I don't really want to see them face each other off clay anymore. It's no longer interesting to me
I know what you mean. I’m almost with you, but the h2h is the key factor for me.
Also for me it’s the most interesting to see them battle on clay. Hopefully this year it will happen on Phillipe Chatrier.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know what you mean. I’m almost with you, but the h2h is the key factor for me.
Also for me it’s the most interesting to see them battle on clay. Hopefully this year it will happen on Phillipe Chatrier.
Given your self-interest as a Novak fan, one might think you'd root for Rafa to lose this match, since Novak is still gunning for Roger's weeks at #1 record.

Reactions: Bonaca

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Given your self-interest as a Novak fan, one might think you'd root for Rafa to lose this match, since Novak is still gunning for Roger's weeks at #1 record.
Yeah is an interesting point, I think 99% of the Novak fans see it like that.
We talked about this already moxie, I mean it really, the h2h and potential wins of Novak against Nadal counts the most for me. That for, they have to play each other, whenever possible.
Federberg is right, the outcome off clay is not that interesting anymore. But on-clay is!

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I voted Thiem in 4. Good thing he was unaffected by firing Muster and beat Monfils quite comfortably. Massu made a huge job transformijg him into a quality player on HC.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah is an interesting point, I think 99% of the Novak fans see it like that.
We talked about this already moxie, I mean it really, the h2h and potential wins of Novak against Nadal counts the most for me. That for, they have to play each other, whenever possible.
Federberg is right, the outcome off clay is not that interesting anymore. But on-clay is!
No, I know you care about the H2H, but given that it's a much lesser spot on the resume, (just ask Federer fans who have been saying as much for years. :p,) I would think you'd want to get that #1 slot back ASAP.