Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thiem in three sets

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, I thought of that right when I clicked. Thiem has proved himself but unfortunately most people will still ignore it.
What had he proofed? He can beat shaky and inconstant Djokovic barely in 5 sets on his by far best surface? Yes this had be proofed, you are right amigo.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Austrian strongman will wilt tomorrow and lose in 3 sets.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Yeah, read Darth above. "...won nothing on clay." But he's just a bitter old cow. :D

It is true that he has no big titles, but still... he keeps getting this big wins over Nadal and Djokovic on clay, how in the world can folks ignore it I don't know.

The fun fact is that if he loses tomorrow, he is a complete loser and a fraud. If he wins, he is the ultimate hero. Nothing in between that....

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem has a bigger shot tomorrow than most people think
Agree with you, but he needs to win a first set (yeah, again that first set) if he wants to avoid last year final.

Reactions: mrzz

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem has a bigger shot tomorrow than most people think
Bull plays what he always do, insane constant defensive grinding shit, better than everyone else. Thiem plays the same shit with a bit ball bashing but a full level lower. Nothing to expect for tomorrow.

Reactions: DarthFed

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
What had he proofed? He can beat shaky and inconstant Djokovic barely in 5 sets on his by far best surface? Yes this had be proofed, you are right amigo.

Everyone reasonable knows he wouldn't have needed 5 sets if it had been played as one continuous match with zero interruptions. Djokovic got so many chances to come back and he still couldn't do it. They were both very inconsistent also because of all the stoppages but the interruptions never once helped Thiem who was ahead each time.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
It is true that he has no big titles, but still... he keeps getting this big wins over Nadal and Djokovic on clay, how in the world can folks ignore it I don't know.

The fun fact is that if he loses tomorrow, he is a complete loser and a fraud. If he wins, he is the ultimate hero. Nothing in between that....
If you wait long enough you get your wins. Has nothing to do with coming even close to the big 3.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Almost, just without your 1set prediction.

Yeah, I don't expect him to win a set but, if he does, the rest will be easy ones for Nadal. Just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if adrenaline got him through the first set and then his legs give in after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bonaca and kskate2

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Everyone reasonable knows he wouldn't have needed 5 sets if it had been played as one continuous match with zero interruptions. Djokovic got so many chances to come back and he still couldn't do it. They were both very inconsistent also because of all the stoppages but the interruptions never once helped Thiem who was ahead each time.
Agree. there was a lot of nerves too in this match from both guys. Wawrinka- Perseus remains the highest quality match in this tournament, level was above all I have seen so far here.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
No one knows anything: what would happend without the stoppages, what without the wind? Novak a bit more constant and no one would talk about winning chances of thiem.
That’s all theory shit, he won and also Bull won his 18 slam. Congrats from the bottom of my heart!

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Who's he playing, Buddy Guy?

I wish! Anyway if the Austrain loses tomorrow you can be damn right I'll get the blues, but if he wins I'll be Stone Crazy!

Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I just checked some numbers and summed up the number of clay wins against Nadal and Djokovic on big tournaments (majors and MS).

Thiem and Federer: 5
Murray: 2
Wawrinka, Zverev (and a few others): 1
All the rest: 0

Not much else needs to be said...

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio