Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martic in straights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
Annnnnndd the drop shot kills her. You live by the drop shot. You die by the drop shot. WHAT THE F#$&%^#?! Just out of ideas.

But. Good on Vondrousova for keeping up the fight. And instead of the veteran finding her way into a late career surge we get another young player announcing themselves on the biggest stage. Great year for Vondrousova paying off. And.... she played Konta in 3 a couple weeks back in Rome. Perfect rematch. If she can come up with the goods against Konta and gets Halep in the final.... eeeeekkk. I mean she got two wins over her this year. And while you've got to still give Halep the edge in that situation. With her experience and Vondrousova having to deal with the occasion. And they were not easy wins for Vondrousova. But. She'll definitely have the confidence of pulling those wins out in her belt of mental tools.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
It’s moments like that when I wish we could see a side-angle shot of the court. The standard view just doesn’t give the right perspective of the length of a court.

Yeah. The commentators on my feed mentioned that they thought it was sort of like it wasn't high enough for a proper smash. Still. Martic had allowed Vondrousova to get into a position to throw it up and you just sort of knew she was gonna flub it. So much tension.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lol, my partner and I have turned it into a verb: “Oh, she Djokoviced the overhead!”
There are matches when his overhead is spot on, but as soon as he makes a first miss you kind of know he is going to miss more.

Reactions: tented