Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martic in straights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
She is doing some cursing on Croatian. I read her lips, better not to mention what it was.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Brain freeze from Martic on that last point....1st set has really got to her

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This match could be over quickly....Martic has lost it

Vondrousova playing well after saving those MPs in the 1st set,she has wonderful hands,her drop volleys are a delight to watch

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good game by Martic, she finally pulled herself together. If only she could make a break soon.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good game by Martic, she finally pulled herself together. If only she could make a break soon.

Martic needs to break now,they were a few breaks in the first set before Martic was serving for it,then we know what happened:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She listened to us she breaks and we are back on serve in the 2nd set

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Martic needs to break now,they were a few breaks in the first set before Martic was serving for it,then we know what happened:)
Couldn't watch the first until the last 2 games and tb. But now she is back to it, yes yes. She is alive and kicking, needs to confirm on serve now

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This teenager has a great combination of being able to turn defense into offense great clay qualitities

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now only chance for Petra is if Marketa gets shaky when she has to serve it out assuming the match goes there.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Another thing I like about Vonrousova is she remains 'cool' on the court,for such a young player,quite outstanding.

Reactions: tenisplayrla08

tenisplayrla08

Major Winner
Reactions
I gotta give credit to Vondrousova. Just playing really well. Showing Martic's weaknesses. Martic plays with her big serve and a lot of slice in her shots and Vondrousova just exposing it. Seeing as she has played her 4 times, she's seen this a lot now. Ready for it. Though. Again, it's not like she won the first set 6-2. As good as she is on serve, Martic still finding breaks. Back on serve now. Wins 2 games after losing 5. Scoreboard lets her stay in this one. Using her experience from this year. Both are though.

They are both right at the top of the list for matches played and won this year. But Vondrousova now is in her 6th straight QF. Played better at the top tournaments and made 2 finals to Martic's 1. Even if Martic did beat Vondrousova in the one she made. Since losing to Martic in the second of Australia, Vondrousova has been great. And I barely noticed. Lost to Konta in 3 in Rome. So. The perfect player to meet her again here 3 weeks later in the semis.

A game away now. Has won 2 since Martic won 2. The steadier player today. Stronger mentally. Seems to believe in herself more. Just the natural result of how well she's been playing all year. In both aspects I mean. In her mental belief and in (likely) making the semis here. The best available to take advantage of the breakdown in the draw (that Martic helped create with her win over Pliskova). Playing like this though, I imagine she would have beaten Kerber if Kerber had made it to her in the second round.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vondrousova with MP...her idol is Petra Kivitova

Martic saves MP 5-3

Vondrousova to serve for the match 5-3