2019 European Open, Hamburg, Germany, ATP 500

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Managed to see some Rublev x Thiem... right now Rublev just won the first. Thiem probably with little practice as you can see the lack of confidence in the BH. Rublev firing return winners from 5 meters behind the baseline. The guy is nuts!!! It is so much fun to see.

Reactions: don_fabio

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm very glad to see the Austrian losing, always thought he is overrated, even on clay.
But very surprising Rublev did it. He was nothing this year.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Yes , nice game of Krajinovic, he overplayed the fake German. Good run for him. Good win the tournament.
Was time for Ivan to leave this loser.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Hopefully Fabio wins this tournament.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sasha in semi, he seems to work well after Lendl

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sasha in semi, he seems to work well after Lendl
He doesn't work well, he plays mental midgets who cannot put him away.
Sasha made a gazillion of errors, but Basilashvili makes more than him.
And the way Krajinovic collapsed mentally yesterday was something else.

Reactions: Fiero425

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
By the way, Sasha donated first set today with a DF on set point down.
Niko went up a break both in the second set and third, but he could not hold it together.
Sasha is just someone who keeps the ball in play and waits for the opponent to make the error.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
He doesn't work well, he plays mental midgets who cannot put him away.
Sasha made a gazillion of errors, but Basilashvili makes more than him.
And the way Krajinovic collapsed mentally yesterday was something else.

You are quite the Zverev hater. Anything in particular? I think Zverev will still feature in the future but he's definitely regressed this year.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You are quite the Zverev hater. Anything in particular? I think Zverev will still feature in the future but he's definitely regressed this year.
I do not deny that I don't like him, but seriously, what is great about him?
He stays 5 metres behind the baseline and puts the ball back, deep in the court. What else does he do well ?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Basilashvili serves 35% first serve in. If he wins with this type of ratio, would be a rare achievement, considering his opponent calibre.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watched a 3rd set of Zverev Basilashivili. Zverev failed to convert some match points, then failed to serve it out for the match. Typical for him. Later lost in a TB. Basilashivilli was more agressive at the end and it paid off. Finally Nikoloz showed up, he was nowhere this year.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I do not deny that I don't like him, but seriously, what is great about him?
He stays 5 metres behind the baseline and puts the ball back, deep in the court. What else does he do well ?
Agree totally. And beside that, his behaviour on and off court is bad.
Arrogant piece of shit, 22y old child.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Thank god , fake German lost.
Arrogant, overrated Giraffe, he is.

One of the worst underachievers in recent memory! He does have weapons even if there are people who don't think so! He's won some Masters events and the YEC, actually defeating Fedalovic along the way, but in the majors he's horrendous! In smaller events, he struggles to get past "riff raff;" totally playing to the level of his opponent! If the other person across the net is serving poorly or missing easy FH's, Sascha finds a way to outdo the incompetence! He's done a little more than Grigor, Kei, & Milos, but they at least had to deal with the Big 3 in their "collective primes!" That gives them a little more cred even though Sascha's won more Tier 1 events! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
One of the worst underachievers in recent memory! He does have weapons even if there are people who don't think so! He's won some Masters events and the YEC, actually defeating Fedalovic along the way, but in the majors he's horrendous! In smaller events, he struggles to get past "riff raff;" totally playing to the level of his opponent! If the other person across the net is serving poorly or missing easy FH's, Sascha finds a way to outdo the incompetence! He's done a little more than Grigor, Kei, & Milos, but they at least had to deal with the Big 3 in their "collective primes!" That gives them a little more cred even though Sascha's won more Tier 1 events! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek:
Surely he has weapons and is talented.
My post reflects my aversion to his personality.
Sadly he will win more big titles, even Slams at some point. I hope not many.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Surely he has weapons and is talented.
My post reflects my aversion to his personality.
Sadly he will win more big titles, even Slams at some point. I hope not many.
I am with you. I also recognize his accomplishments to date, but my hope is that others will catch up on him and prevent him to be the leader of the tennis world.

Reactions: Bonaca

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Rublev keeps hammering people out of the way. YEAH! Just hit it like there is no tomorrow! He should just start saying offensive things after matches and then it would be perfect.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rublev keeps hammering people out of the way. YEAH! Just hit it like there is no tomorrow! He should just start saying offensive things after matches and then it would be perfect.

Yeah, he is super agressive on the court, doesn't look like that as a person. It should be a russian trio somewhere in the top 10 or top 20 in the following years Medvedev-Khachanov-Rublev, where Medvedev so far seems the least likeable of the three.

Rublev had a back injury mid 2018 and struggled since. Seems like he worked hard recently and took his chances when some of the competion are in a summer mood still. I am in a summer mood too, so can't judge them :) Looking on his form he could be dangerous opponent during HC swing (reached QF in USO 17).