Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pliskova in 3

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just finished watching the match,my first question to Serena would be if I was at her press conference,why didn't you call the trainer when you stumbled on your ankle.Serena has had trouble in the past with her ankles and always has them taped,it is not a excuse by any means.

Great press conference from both ladies.As I previously stated Pliskova's last match against Garbine was one of the best matches at the AO this year,I thought this match would go 3 sets,except I picked the wrong winner:)....Congrats to Pliskova.

Last edited:

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I’m surprised there was no controversy about the foot fault call. Serena must have learned her lesson although not well enough not to foot fault. That is very unfortunate. It was disappointing to see her lose this way.

Reactions: Fiero425

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
That footfault derailed her and then ankle..she never held serve after that.I really feel sorry for Rena she is always being robbed one way or the other...
I hope Collins win this thing..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
That footfault derailed her and then ankle..she never held serve after that.I really feel sorry for Rena she is always being robbed one way or the other...
what's going on here..#24 is the one title that is so coverted and everything little to prevent this lengendary American force from capturing is obviously the WTAs highest priority.

Reactions: tossip

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Why is the WTA responsible for her collapse? She had this match won 4 different ways. She only needed to execute one winning point. You can't blame it on a FF. That may have affected the 5-2 game, but she had 3 other MP's after that. Her failure to call the trainer at 5-2 or even 5-4 is a pride thing. She doesn't like calling the trainer and she didn't think she needed it (but yet she can barely push off to serve) :facepalm:. I also think looming in the back of her mind is that she would have to face Naomi the next day w/ an injured foot and she already has a losing record against her.

She doesn't have that killer instinct anymore (be it age, motherhood or trying not have a meltdown). Even w/o a serve, a hobbled Serena of old would have found a way to win one of those 4 MP's, especially on a return game. It's as if she expects these players to give her the match instead of her earning it. Really disappointing to see a legendary aggressive player retreat into a shell when the match gets tight. She didn't come to net during any of those crucial points. Chose to stay back, rally and make errors.

I don't know if she'll get 24 now. The more losses she takes, the more belief the locker room has. She will face stern tests from all of the top players at latter stages of slams.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

IDK how Serena could have been robbed with several MP's and up 5-1 and 2 breaks! She should've been able to finish with 1 leg! :whistle: :rolleyes:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I don't know if she'll get 24 now. The more losses she takes, the more belief the locker room has. She will face stern tests from all of the top players at latter stages of slams.

Confidence in the locker room will go up, and self-confidence on court will go down. Or at least nerves will interfere more and more.

I want Serena to get at least 25, so that we don’t ever need to hear the name “Margaret Court” ever again. That she is still being mentioned in the same breath as Serena is a joke.

Reactions: 10isfan and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
what's going on here..#24 is the one title that is so coverted and everything little to prevent this lengendary American force from capturing is obviously the WTAs highest priority.
USA Open to me was disastrous because other forces were at play.I read my tea leaves and it was not good and I even mentioned it before her match that something is at work..I believe the locker room is buzzing about magic being used on tour and its sickening.I hope Serena finds someone who can cleanse her ...