Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pliskova in 3

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You were saying? Up 2 breaks and it's all tied up in the 3rd! Now Serena breaks herself! KP to serve for it!:whistle: :facepalm: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:
Clearly Serena is injured, you old meany.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don't know why Serena didn't call the trainer when she twisted that ankle. But nice win for Pliskova.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Still had multiple match points; SORRY! CRY me a river! Why is it we only feel for older players when they're normally merciless to an injured younger player? I just don't understand it! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes: :sick:
I'm pretty everyone feels for an injured player. Oh, except you.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena and foot fault --- a strange combo that occurs in history in different ways. :confused:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Still had multiple match points; SORRY! CRY me a river! Why is it we only feel for older players when they're normally merciless to an injured younger player? I just don't understand it! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes: :sick:

I am not exactly feeling sorry for Serena. I was just asking as a matter of fact.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am not exactly feeling sorry for Serena. I was just asking as a matter of fact.
She came down bad on her ankle at 5-1 in the 3rd. Went downhill from there. Left, so she couldn't push up on her serve, and it threw her timing off. Maybe what Fiero is trying to say is that we rarely say the youngster lost, even if they injured, if they lose to a "better" player. That's true. But this was a collapse, and it seemed very much due to injury.

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
I didn’t watch after the first set. Reading that Serena was up 5-1 in third and had four MPs including one where a foot fault was called!

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn’t watch after the first set. Reading that Serena was up 5-1 in third and had four MPs including one where a foot fault was called!
I can't remember for sure, but I think the FF was called after she hurt the ankle.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
She came down bad on her ankle at 5-1 in the 3rd. Went downhill from there. Left, so she couldn't push up on her serve, and it threw her timing off. Maybe what Fiero is trying to say is that we rarely say the youngster lost, even if they injured, if they lose to a "better" player. That's true. But this was a collapse, and it seemed very much due to injury.

Many people (like you) don't give enough credit to Pliskova for winning it after Serena became "shaky". It is not easy to play against an injured player. I distinctly remember an old match between Hantuchova and Serena in which Serena was playing with one leg at the end and it was expected that because of that situation Daniela should win the match. However, Daniela found it hard to hit against an injured player and Serena won the match just with hands and no legs.

The point I am trying to make is that Serena might have been wobbly, but still Pliskobot held her ground saved four match points, won six consecutive games and deserved to be given credit.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Many people (like you) don't give enough credit to Pliskova for winning it after Serena became "shaky". It is not easy to play against an injured player. I distinctly remember an old match between Hantuchova and Serena in which Serena was playing with one leg at the end and it was expected that because of that situation Daniela should win the match. However, Daniela found it hard to hit against an injured player and Serena won the match just with hands and no legs.

The point I am trying to make is that Serena might have been wobbly, but still Pliskobot held her ground saved four match points, won six consecutive games and deserved to be given credit.

Exactly! They totally overlooked KP's courage and resolve to hang in there to win this match! Many others might have succumbed to the legend of Serena and gave it to her! Karolína Plíšková DIDN'T! :clap: :cheerleader: :whistle: :yesyes: :oops: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I actually did say it was a nice win for her. You're the one that calls her "Plikobot," derisively, all the time. I understand that you can still lose playing an injured player. I was actually just making other points, not underestimating her.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

Is this how you say nice win?

Reactions: Fiero425

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
In that 2007 match, Serena got a lucky rain break of more than an hour to recover.