2015 WTA Finals - Singapore

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If Garby can't win the single finals I hope she does the doubles at least :cool:

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tossip said:
this surface is very slow and can favor the likes of Halep ...Kvitova plays great on indoor surfaces.I think Halep and Kvitty can find themselves in the final...
kvitty yes..:clap

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
pova s agent must be crying in his soup right now...#karma

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kvitty when she feels like it knows how to beat pova...last year she beat her at the same event and then Wimbledon.Petra can be ruthless when she is in the mood...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Schedule of Play -- Sunday, November 01, 2015

15:30 - [1] Martina Hingis / Sania Mirza (SUI / IND) V [8] Garbiñe Muguruza / Carla Suárez Navarro (ESP/ESP)
18:30 - [4] Petra Kvitova (CZE) V [5] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Carol35 said:
If Garby can't win the single finals I hope she does the doubles at least :cool:

I strongly oppose that. I would like Santina to win the doubles to cap off their excellent season.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
The two women who beat up their respective groups outright, Dominatrix and Mugu, both fall in SF. :cover.

Now, the two finalists both have a losing record in their respective groups.

Can anyone tell me as to when was the last time both the finalists had a losing record? :puzzled

Any way I root for Aga in the finals during my sleep, as I won't be up watching it.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:

I strongly oppose that. I would like Santina to win the doubles to cap off their excellent season.

Santina just seems unbeatable right now. Even in close matches they seem to pull it out. Never thought in 1999 that we'd still be talking about Serena and Hingis. Never liked Hingis much but kudos for her in the way she has concentrated on doubles, found the perfect partner and reaching the top again.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
The two women who beat up their respective groups outright, Dominatrix and Mugu, both fall in SF. :cover.

Now, the two finalists both have a losing record in their respective groups.

Can anyone tell me as to when was the last time both the finalists had a losing record? :puzzled

Great question. I was also wondering about this earlier today. It would have to be at least a decade, I would guess, if only because of Serena.

Any way I root for Aga in the finals during my sleep, as I won't be up watching it.

I will probably watch it, so I'll root for Aga for both of us. :cool:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:

There's also the X-factor of how motivated Garbine will be now that she's out of the singles. She must be disappointed, especially after plowing through with no losses leading up to the SF.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Carol35 said:

There's also the X-factor of how motivated Garbine will be now that she's out of the singles. She must be disappointed, especially after plowing through with no losses leading up to the SF.

The doubles final will be interesting though. It is pitting two top singles players with not much chemistry between them and a seasoned, well-oiled, successful doubles pair. If a similar match up occurs in ATP, I would say the singles players will win it, but I cannot say so confidently in WTA.
Also, another thing that makes it interesting is that these two pairs have not faced each other before.
It could go either way. But, I will be loudly rooting for Santina. I may even be up for this.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Muguruza over scheduled herself and lost because of it...this event was hers for the taking.She is very young and has a lot of years ahead of her...she will win one day.
I am rooting for the amazing Petra to win this thing..she has a very good indoors record... good boost for her Fed Cup chances..
go Kvitty!

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Apparently, this would be the first time ever that a player with a losing RR record had gone on to win the whole tourney.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
its sad that Aga of all people is in the final....if Serena was there she would have put the house in order..gave this event respectibility.
good players are injured or tired...hopefully a slam winner wins even if its from a year ago.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
CSs0f_hUYAAChCO.jpg

The H2H is 6-2 in Kvitova's favor. And Aga looks more beaten up than Petra. But if there's one thing I've learned, no matter how good Kvitova looks, she can flop in the next match and also, never, ever count Aga out until the last ball is struck. It's going to be Petra's power vs. Aga's finesse.

Personally I would love to see Petra win her 2nd WTA Finals title. She's my favorite on the WTA side and although she's won 3 titles including the Madrid title, it's been a rough year for her with the mono thing and the long recovery.

But an Aga title would not upset me. ;)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Hingis/Mirza storming through the final. They're already up 5-0 in about 20-25 minutes.

EDIT: They won the first set 6-0 in 23 minutes.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kirijax said:
This is quickly becoming a Finals to forget for Muguruza.

Yep -- and just over 24 hours ago, it looked like she was a serious contender to win everything. Or at least the singles. The doubles has always mainly been about Hingis/Mirza, but I didn't think it would be this one sided. This is embarrassing.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Muguruza/CSN break Hingis to win their first game -- and the crowd is on their feet.