2015 French Open Men's Singles Draw

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
I do agree that Rafa got a tough draw generally speaking.

However, what people are forgetting is that his draw up to QF is very very smooth
and easy. See how easy it is.

R128 ----- A French Wildcard who is ranked outside 300.
R64 ----- Almagro (recovering from foot injury) who got into MD only because Haas withdrew.
R32 ----- A harmless Adrian Mannarino
R16 ----- Robredo / Grigor (Neither are doing great this clay season).

So, Rafa does not really have anyone dangerous in early rounds. I certainly DO NOT
expect him to lose in any of the first four rounds. Also, once he goes through four rounds
he would have some confidence developed back in and so he might make a match of
his QF with Novak.

At RG..Rafa has faced Novak in the quarters before back in 2006 and three other times in the semis. There no need for Rafa to panic. He knows how to defeat Novak at RG. I trust that he will be up to the task.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
This draw is the ultimate test for Roger's focus. Is he going to be able to beat the people he is supposed to beat even if one catches fire like Gulbis did, or is he just going to look ahead and see himself in the final and as a result, lose to a nobody in the process.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:
This draw is the ultimate test for Roger's focus. Is he going to be able to beat the people he is supposed to beat even if one catches fire like Gulbis did, or is he just going to look ahead and see himself in the final and as a result, lose to a nobody in the process.

I say he's in trouble regardless! He's nowhere near being #2 and is lucky the ranking is cumulative or he'd barely be in the top 10! Murray's the rightful heir, but will have to wait until at least the summer for the numbers to change significantly! Even though FO is looking to be HUGE, I'm looking forward to Wimbledon and what happens then; esp. with the seedings so tenuous for a certain player that's been struggling of late! :p :angel: :dodgy:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
1972Murat said:

It's totally filled in with Jarkko Nieminen, a tough, warm up opener for Nole! There are little time bombs with "dark horses" all around these elite players! They better be looking over their shoulders; upsets galore is in the cards IMO! :angel: :dodgy:

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

However, what people are forgetting is that his draw up to QF is very very smooth

R64 ----- Almagro (recovering from foot injury) who got into MD only because Haas withdrew.

So, Rafa does not really have anyone dangerous in early rounds. I certainly DO NOT
expect him to lose in any of the first four rounds. Also, once he goes through four rounds
his QF with Novak.

I mean, when we talk about tough draws, who on earth takes into account the first 3 rounds, generally? And when we're talking about the 9 time champion having a tough draw, nobody is concerned with the first 3 matches or so. There's a reason he's the 9 time champion, and it's not because he's ever in any danger of losing early.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
GameSetAndMath said:

his QF with Novak.

I mean, when we talk about tough draws, who on earth takes into account the first 3 rounds, generally? And when we're talking about the 9 time champion having a tough draw, nobody is concerned with the first 3 matches or so. There's a reason he's the 9 time champion, and it's not because he's ever in any danger of losing early.

Under normal circumstances it won't be significant that Rafa has easy early opponents. But,
this year it is significant. Having easy early opponents will allow Rafa to find his form and more
importantly his confidence before facing big wigs. On the other hand, an early tough opponent
might drive Rafa out given his vulnerability this season.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Didn't I say that I am preparing for the worst possible draw for Nole a couple of days ago?;)

I call this "Mission Impossible" frankly....and if by some grace he is able to win it by beating Rafa, Andy and Roger that would be a monumental feat. I can't remember a major where an eventual winner had to beat the other 3 members of the big 4.:eyepop

Well, I am going to take it easy and concentrate on each match. His path to quarters is not an easy one as well.

And all of this on his birthday. Gee Masha thank you!!!:lolz:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Billie said:
Didn't I say that I am preparing for the worst possible draw for Nole a couple of days ago?;)

I call this "Mission Impossible" frankly....and if by some grace he is able to win it by beating Rafa, Andy and Roger that would be a monumental feat. I can't remember a major where an eventual winner had to beat the other 3 members of the big 4. :eyepop

Well, I am going to take it easy and concentrate on each match. His path to quarters is not an easy one as well.

And all of this on his birthday. Gee Masha thank you!!! :lolz:

I think I heard Nole did it in Canada back in 2007; a very long time ago! :angel: :dodgy: :p

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Billie said:

I call this "Mission Impossible" frankly....and if by some grace he is able to win it by beating Rafa, Andy and Roger that would be a monumental feat. I can't remember a major where an eventual winner had to beat the other 3 members of the big 4. :eyepop

I think I heard Nole did it in Canada back in 2007; a very long time ago! :angel: :dodgy: :p

That was a Masters 1000.....and he did beat #3 Roddick, #2 Nadal and #1 Federer, but it's not the same. I am wondering about majors.:)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Billie said:
Fiero425 said:
Billie said:

That was a Masters 1000.....and he did beat #3 Roddick, #2 Nadal and #1 Federer, but it's not the same. I am wondering about majors.:)

I read and understood; just pointed out that one Masters! Sheeshshh! :cover :puzzled :nono :eyepop

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Qualifiers have been added to the draw.
Roger opens against Falla and Murray against Arguello.
Falla has not won his R3 match, he got in as a lucky loser.

Highest ranked qualifier (103) veteran Luca Vanni.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
federberg said:
Kirijax said:
federberg said:
I'll believe Roger is in the final ONLY if he gets there. At his age there are many banana skins out there for him. Which side of the draw is Murray on? Don't tell me Novak, Andy and Nadal are in the same half??

Yep. That's exactly what happened.

I shouldn't... but I can't help it. :laydownlaughing

but knowing Roger he'll make me :cry by the end of the first week!
exactly this is one of the best chances fed will have to get to a final if not win it. pretty sure hell blow it for his fans. so im not expecting anything from him. i think he might play monfils which is where i might see him falling

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
GGL took out Stan in the opening round last year. This year, they both are scheduled to
meet in R3. I think GGL would do it again.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Nadal and Djokovic projected to face off in the quarters:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/draws/index.html?event=MS

Bring it on!

Be careful what you ask FOR

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Denisovich said:

Bring it on!

Question to you: will you stick around if Rafael loses?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:
Denisovich said:

Bring it on!

.no a fair weather Rafa fan am I although you and I had this discussion for the past 4 or 5 years

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
the AntiPusher said:
Denisovich said:

Bring it on!

Eh. We been here for years, through thick and thin. Believe me, if Nole happens to beat Rafa - not a given, despite the early gloating from some Fedfans - we'll be the first ones running a thread congratulating him...

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Denisovich said:

Bring it on!

I'm not asking for anything just excited about the projected quarterfinal.

If I would be asking for something it would be a Rafa career change to chef clowns at the cirque du soleil.