Djokovic - Nadal
Murray - Ferrer

Bottom half:

Nishikori - Berdych
Federer - Wawrinka

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Bloody hell, Federer is surrounded by Patsies. What year is it, 2006?

Rafa has been given the draw his ranking reflects. This isn't a good draw for Nole either, based only on the qf positions. Who knows what lies in wait for Rafa or Nole in the early stages...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Where you following this, by the way?

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
Whoever loses in the quarters will end each others streaks. Of course, if Rafa gets there.

Mile

Masters Champion
Reactions
probably half of those projected QFs wont happen.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One bright side for Nole/Rafa, they are just as likely to get Ferrer as Murray in the semis.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If I were a Fed fan, I would jumping up and down with glee right now. If he can avoid "sepping early, he will be in the final.

So Djokovic will probably have to go through Nadal, then Murray and finally Murray to earn his first FO crown.

Maybe Nishikori can meet him in the final like I am hoping if Murray or Berdych can't get the job done.

TsarMatt

Major Winner
Reactions
I would have liked to see Nadal vs. Djokovic in the final...

You know, Nole possibly dethroning Rafa at the GS he has dominated all of these years.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'll believe Roger is in the final ONLY if he gets there. At his age there are many banana skins out there for him. Which side of the draw is Murray on? Don't tell me Novak, Andy and Nadal are in the same half??

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
I'll believe Roger is in the final ONLY if he gets there. At his age there are many banana skins out there for him. Which side of the draw is Murray on? Don't tell me Novak, Andy and Nadal are in the same half??

Yep. That's exactly what happened.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
federberg said:

I shouldn't... but I can't help it. :laydownlaughing

but knowing Roger he'll make me :cry by the end of the first week!

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
Kirijax said:
federberg said:

Roger has Monfils in his quarter

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
federberg said:
Kirijax said:

Oh dear! But then again, you never know with Le Monf. In a 5 setter if Roger can hang in there...

But I suppose if that happens Roger's goose would be cooked in the next round anyway :nono

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
herios said:
federberg said:

Oh dear! But then again, you never know with Le Monf. In a 5 setter if Roger can hang in there...

But I suppose if that happens Roger's goose would be cooked in the next round anyway :nono

I know that Monfils is very unpredictable, but also his deepest run ever in a slam was at RG (SF). We shall see. So if that match comes to fruition, people cannot say they were bored before final rounds.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I won't get excited for Roger's chances until if/when he gets to the QF. Getting Stan and Berd again after just dominating them last week is about as good as he could've hoped for. And I was hoping for the Rafa-Nole QF. Glad that worked out. Now Nole has to finish the job...first step to getting Wafa out of the sport.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I won't get excited for Roger's chances until he gets the QF. Getting Stan and Berd again after just dominating them last week is about as good as he could've hoped for. And I was hoping for the Rafa-Nole QF. Glad that worked out. Now Nole has to finish the job...first step to getting Wafa out of the sport.

Crikey, that's melodramatic :laydownlaughing :lolz::lolz: :clap

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
I won't get excited for Roger's chances until if/when he gets to the QF. Getting Stan and Berd again after just dominating them last week is about as good as he could've hoped for. And I was hoping for the Rafa-Nole QF. Glad that worked out. Now Nole has to finish the job...first step to getting Wafa out of the sport.

Lol! A bit extreme, but I wouldn't be crying over it. Not like when ol' Rog departs the scene!

But to be honest, having to face both Stan and Berd man will be tough. I've noticed over the years that if Roger has just dusted off an opponent and he has to play them soon after in a slam, he'll have more difficulty because they're more used to him. Probably doesn't apply when it's a top 10 guy, but it's happened before. I recall particularly.. Falla at Wimbledon :(