2015 Cincinnati Masters Final: Djokovic v. Federer

Make your picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
-FG- said:
Apart from the matches against Sock, Chardy and Wawrinka, Novak seemed really shaky and vulnerable for the last 2 weeks, whereas Roger mostly looked good in Cincinnati.

I think a lot will come down to Novak's serving performance. After the match against Goffin he said, that, though it wasn't an issue anymore, his recent elbow problem caused him to change his technique on serve which had a negative effect on it's quality and I think numbers would back that up. If Novak serves at his usual level for this year I expect a close match with at least one tiebreak, without a noticable improvement in that area Roger should win in two routine sets.

Novak's service motion has been quite poor at times. That unbalanced almost falling into the court while hitting his serve, is eerily reminiscent of 2010. :cover Sadly, it seems when he isn't focused, that's the form he slips into. Hopefully he will be focused today.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
How many times have we seen Novak looking sub-par in a tournament, then meeting Roger and jumping up his level, while Roger falls back. The last few times they met, really.

So my heart says Roger will win, but my head says Novak.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Seeing the way they have both played this tournament, it's hard to pick against Federer but Djokovic seems to have what it takes to outlast Federer and he has extra motivation in winning this tournament for the first time. He'll eventually pass Nadal in the number of Masters titles and today's title will make him the only man in history to win all nine. I'll say Djokovic in straight sets.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My heart say Novak, but my head says Fed. I picked Fed in 3, but honestly no idea.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
FACTOID: Novak has won ZERO sets in the four finals that he previously played in Cincinnati.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fed in three. He is moving and serving fantastic. This court was designed for Roger's style of playing

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hi Murat, do you know by any chance when do they show the match on our cable? I see Indycar is on until 2PM

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Roger seems that he is playing his best right now and Novak seems to be injured because he called (one more time) the trainer though he always has the ability to 'revive' at the last moment
Novak in three

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
herios said:
Hi Murat, do you know by any chance when do they show the match on our cable? I see Indycar is on until 2PM

6pm is the taped match :nono

Thanks, I am also disappointed, they have a gazillion of channels and they could have chosen one to show it LIVE.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:

If you live in USA why don't you try through the computer on ESPN3? I do through the IPad which is the same

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Carol35 said:
herios said:

If you live in USA why don't you try through the computer on ESPN3? I do through the IPad which is the same

They don't live in the US. They are North of our border.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
kskate2 said:
Carol35 said:
herios said:

Yep...but there are good links...even though it is in Spanish :s

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Carol35 said:
herios said:

Oh I understand now, but I'm sure there is a stream that they could see the match live

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Thanks, I am also disappointed, they have a gazillion of channels and they could have chosen one to show it LIVE.

Herios, you are not missing anything. Watching Nole serving again today would only work on your nerves. :nono