2015 Cincinnati Masters Final: Djokovic v. Federer

Make your picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Thanks you, Nehmeth, for creating the poll/thread. :)

As for the match, this could go either way, but I'm thinking it goes three. I'm leaning towards Roger, based on form this week -- Roger: average to above average; Novak: average to below average -- but it wouldn't surprise me if Novak wins. Tough call.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats to Fed for beating up on Murray once again. Now, it ain't over. He needs to win over Novak to ensure that he does not face Novak before finals at USO. I think he can and will do it.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Nole for Cincy, Roger for the Open and I am happy. I mean Roger can get both but I am not greedy.

Cincy for Roger and then Novak going out before meeting Roger at USO. :plot

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bigger match for Roger as the #2 seed is a big deal for the USO. Also Roger needs to start making an impression on Novak following that horrific performance in the Wimbledon final. If he can't beat Novak at Cincy he won't have a prayer of doing so at the USO.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Roger's been in wicked good form this week. Today Murray couldn't even make a dent in his armor. Novak has looked unfocused, out of sorts and has played some pretty lousy tennis interspersed with moments of brilliance.

I picked Murray to win last week based on Novak's form. I should probably pick Roger this week, but I'm going out on a limb to say Novak in 2. :cover

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Djokovic will take care of Federer in 2 sets. He now knows how to beat him. Pressure the serve, play long points, pepper the backhand and then rush him to the forehand side to get an error. Djokovic knows that he can easily wear down Federer in a battle of attrition, and Federer's serve can not help him much against Djokovic.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
If it goes to 3, Novak wins. Cincy is good for fed though usually.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
They're tied at 20-20 in the head-to-head.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If Fed wins this without losing serve, it will be the second time he's done it here (2012), and I believe only the second time anyone has won a tournament without losing serve.

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
These matches are becoming too predictable, if Mr UE galore shows up, I won't give him much of a chance against the world #1. However, if he plays like he did versus Andy, he should take this in straights with a scoreline similar to Dubai this year.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I think the surface favors Fed. I say he gets it done in 2. If it goes to 3 Novak probably wins, but I'll stick with Fed.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Puppet Master said:
These matches are becoming too predictable, if Mr UE galore shows up, I won't give him much of a chance against the world #1. However, if he plays like he did versus Andy, he should take this in straights with a scoreline similar to Dubai this year.

The problem is he wiped out Murray at Wimbledon and Nole was in no danger of losing that final against Roger! We'll see who really shows up tomorrow; The Djoker or Fed! :puzzled :nono :angel: :dodgy: :p

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Roger's been in wicked good form this week. Today Murray couldn't even make a dent in his armor. Novak has looked unfocused, out of sorts and has played some pretty lousy tennis interspersed with moments of brilliance.

I picked Murray to win last week based on Novak's form. I should probably pick Roger this week, but I'm going out on a limb to say Novak in 2. :cover

I picked the wrong winner in the Wimbledon final two years in a row with similar reasoning (Novak form not great, etc.), so I'm really confused about who to pick for tomorrow. :cry

Federer in two based on how they have looked this tournament, but I have no confidence in that pick.

Backhand_DTL

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Apart from the matches against Sock, Chardy and Wawrinka, Novak seemed really shaky and vulnerable for the last 2 weeks, whereas Roger mostly looked good in Cincinnati.

I think a lot will come down to Novak's serving performance. After the match against Goffin he said, that, though it wasn't an issue anymore, his recent elbow problem caused him to change his technique on serve which had a negative effect on it's quality and I think numbers would back that up. If Novak serves at his usual level for this year I expect a close match with at least one tiebreak, without a noticable improvement in that area Roger should win in two routine sets.

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
41st meeting between these guys.

Thoughts?

Yeah...are they going to announce their engagement soon? Seriously...these two see more of each other than they do their wives and kids....

Busted

Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
I think the surface favors Fed. I say he gets it done in 2. If it goes to 3 Novak probably wins, but I'll stick with Fed.

Maybe it'll work to Roger's advantage that he threw away the "sure thing" Toronto points. I'll go with Roger in 2. If it goes 3 Nole will probably win it because he LOVES to try to find another gear against Roger in finals. He's nearly 6 years younger, so it's a gear he SHOULD have...