11. DJOKOVIC, Novak
12. QUERREY, Sam
13. SOCK, Jack
14. SCHWARTZMAN, Diego
15. BERDYCH, Tomas
16. POUILLE, Lucas

Foro-Italico-Tennis-Twitter-Internazionali-BNL-dItalia-800x537-800x537.jpg

The Tournament:

The Internazionali BNL d’Italia features the best players at the Foro Italico in Rome. The tournament is one of the three ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events contested on clay, but the event is more than just tennis; it is a total entertainment experience. High fashion, fine food, fabulous shopping and celebrity musical performances have made the tournament one of the most glamorous stops on the ATP World Tour. Rafael Nadal has won a record seven titles in Rome.

The tennis complex has 11 courts, including the 10,400-seater Centre Court.

About Rome:

Rome, Italy’s capital, is a sprawling, cosmopolitan city with nearly 3,000 years of globally influential art, architecture and culture on display. Ancient ruins such as the Forum and the Colosseum evoke the power of the former Roman Empire. Vatican City, headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church, has St. Peter’s Basilica and the Vatican Museums, which house masterpieces such as Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescoes.

rome-colosseum_-large.jpg

stock-photo-roman-sunset-77415821.jpg

Tourism guide:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
In Madrid everybody wanted to see whether JMDP will do well. Here all eyes will be on Stan (and he will fare equally miserably).

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Some very tough qualifying encounters here.
In one of them, the recent winner in Estoril, Sousa, was defeated by the young Chilean Jarry.

Bounce It !!

Club Member
Reactions
In one of them, the recent winner in Estoril, Sousa, was defeated by the young Chilean Jarry.
Tsitsipas vs Lajovic on court now. Lajovic serving at 3-4 1st set.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

This qualifying tournament is better than a lot of ATP 250's out there.

Reactions: 10isfan

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This qualifying tournament is better than a lot of ATP 250's out there.
I agree. That is why I wouldn't count a draw easy when they have a qualifier to play, like Novak has.
Lajovic was a qualifier in Madrid and he did some serious damage in the end .

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And Stan is done. Steve Johnson, the winner in Houston beat him in 2 sets

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
I hope Stan recovers. Tennis is more exciting when he’s playing.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
OH, Ferrer, the new dad, is also back in action. Lost the first set to Jack Sock.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is the way that the Internaziolali D’Italia has received Rafa. Obviously he had not just a bad day but he didn’t play well match by match in Madrid. I think Roma will be much better for him

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I feel for Lajovic. He played 6 matches in Madrid, then he to come to Rome the next day and play two more. And he had to meet Tsitsipas.

Reactions: mrzz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I hope Stan recovers. Tennis is more exciting when he’s playing.
That was a tough 1st round for him. I flipped a coin in my draw challenge, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Not good for my challenge, but not shocking that he lost. He's going to have to rebuild. He's got limited time though. We'll see how it goes.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I feel for Lajovic. He played 6 matches in Madrid, then he to come to Rome the next day and play two more. And he had to meet Tsitsipas.

He had set points in the first set but could not convert. But he is on an upward curve. He would be a nightmare draw for a medium to low seed, and if he is not unlucky, he could easily get in the second week of RG.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He had set points in the first set but could not convert. But he is on an upward curve. He would be a nightmare draw for a medium to low seed, and if he is not unlucky, he could easily get in the second week of RG.
He is on an upward tick, but I'd say "easily" get to the 2nd week of RG is a bit of an over-promise.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Tsitsipas is also on an upward curve and a steeper one than Dusan surely.

Reactions: 10isfan and Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
He is on an upward tick, but I'd say "easily" get to the 2nd week of RG is a bit of an over-promise.

Well, the "easily" followed the "not-unlucky" part (and I meant in the draw). Off course, for mortals, nothing comes easy in a major.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Tsitsipas is also on an upward curve and a steeper one than Dusan surely.

True (results wise at least), but for RG I guess his high risk approach won't make him last too long (actually, I hope I am wrong).

Anyway, I am now officially the first Lajovic fan on this board (and I meant it), so excuse me if I am a bit partial from now on.

Reactions: Mastoor

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Lots of compelling matches tomorrow. I have to work, but: Nishikori v. F. Lopez (should be straight-forward, depending on Kei;) Djoker v. Dolgo...not a great first round for ND; F3 v. Monfils: would love to watch that. And some of the undercards are interesting, too.