US Open Record Breaker Monday

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
They should start a Hall of shame for dopers 'cos, frankly, that's all she'll be remembered for when her career is over. An unsporting, unpopular, giant shouldered, despicable, stuck up POS.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Front 242 - take your abusive language somewhere else.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Didn't see this anywhere in news - Andrei Pavel joins Simona Halep's coaching team - 'complementing Cahill' - interesting development.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Same here - I'm not particularly interested in ray bans and certainly not in Italian. Scoop/Dan where are you ?

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Catherine that is very interesting indeed. What can Cahill possibly tell her that he hasn't already? Pavel has worked with other players including Tamira Paczek. Pavel was an excellent player in his day with a wondrous one hand backhand.

TennisFan101

Club Member
Reactions
Duke Carnoustie writes:

Sad comments by Tomic, you have to feel for the guy. He has no one in his life to get him on the right track and the tennis tour is full or piranhas. In typically candid comments afterwards, Tomic said he had his motivation back after his break but still felt "trapped" in the sport he has played fulltime since he was a child, given his lack of other options to fund his lifestyle. "I mean, it’s tough. Everyone has their own work, their own job and it’s not like I can go and start real estate or something, restaurants. I’ve got no idea about that," he told the Australian Associated Press. "Yes, I can afford to do those things, but I’ve got no idea. My job’s only to play tennis and it’s all I know. I’m not going to finish a doctor’s degree. I’m not the smartest person in the world."
Did Tomic really say that? If so, heartbreaking. He's gotta find his way.

TennisFan101

Club Member
Reactions
catherine writes:

Busted - I think it's time to shut the door on this 'cheater' stuff. Maria has served her suspension and like anyone else who has been punished for a crime and done their time she is now free. Do you want to go on punishing her forever ? She took a substance which wasn't even banned for a long time. Not exactly inhaling steroids. Maria is entitled to a wc at any Grand Slam event if she requests one. The USTA clearly weighed things in the balance and decided her presence would be good for the tournament. And so it was. Simona lost this match because in the crunch she just wasn't good enough. Faded in the finish as so often. Bad luck in the draw but that's life. You'll have to get used to Maria because I don't think she's planning to ride off into the sunset.
She should not have been granted a WC.