US Open outfits: best and worst!

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
I take it back I had not seen the skirt shape of Serena's dress. It's really beautiful.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
More outfits.

201308291331486904226-p2@stats.com.jpg

Serena

201308291210438534006-p2@stats.com.jpg

Sara

201308291127412653935-p2@stats.com.jpg

Svetlana

201308291111402823915-p2@stats.com.jpg

Sorana

201308282353860113454-p2@stats.com.jpg

Aggie

201308282336850043403-p2@stats.com.jpg

Sloane

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So as not to disrupt the other thread with fashion, I like Venus's doubles version of her outfit, and I really like Serena's casual, slouchy version of hers.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Moxie. You like Serena's? I think that top is awful. Vika was wearing something like this a few weeks ago and just isn't flattering to me.

honey1269

Club Member
Reactions
fashionista said:
Serena is the best dressed for me
Vika is the worst dressed for me....that skirt is way too long for starters .....it makes her look dowdy and
frumpish.....EEK

duval wearing Venus' 11? talk about dowdy. ithat looked like something from the rag bag.
are you kidding me. as a guy I can tell you I think Serena's is drab. dull gray, sweaty peach.
and as for venus' dress? Awful. And what is that thingy on her head?? and her nails? gawdy/trashy!
does not belong on a tennis court

And I think Serena is a bully on the doubles court. She is delibertly trying to hurt the girls across the net. Bet she pulls out when the going gets tough in the singles draw.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Moxie. You like Serena's? I think that top is awful. Vika was wearing something like this a few weeks ago and just isn't flattering to me.

I do. I think it's stylishly slouching, and it says, "I only have to show up to doubles in my workout gear, b!tch." :laydownlaughing No, but seriously, it still works with her body. It's cut nicely enough to hang well, and I don't think every single thing they wear has to hug the body. Plus, I like the muted colors. I'd be happy in that outfit. (And as we well know, that's more than a little bit of the point of it.)

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:

I do. I think it's stylishly slouching, and it says, "I only have to show up to doubles in my workout gear, b!tch." :laydownlaughing No, but seriously, it still works with her body. It's cut nicely enough to hang well, and I don't think every single thing they wear has to hug the body. Plus, I like the muted colors. I'd be happy in that outfit. (And as we well know, that's more than a little bit of the point of it.)

:laydownlaughing

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:

I agree, very stylish to me as well. Almost "Flashdancish," loose workout type, and I could see a woman wearing as a regular blouse.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Calvy said:
Moxie629 said:
kskate2 said:

I agree, very stylish to me as well. Almost "Flashdancish," loose workout type, and I could see a woman wearing as a regular blouse.

Love the "Flashdance" ref! I think it's deceptively well-cut. Anything less would look sloppy, with Serena's body-type. In this case, it was a cool option to body-hugging, IMO.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am feeling Serena's night match outfit a bit more. I like her day outfit, but overall the night match one wins it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like Caro's outfits but it's probably more to do with who is wearing them. She makes clothes look good.
I've always preferred Adidas gear to anything Nike knock up.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Really I used to like Adidas but lately I find it quite the opposite. Nike looks classy and sleek and Addidas looks cheap and tacky. You are talking to someone that loves an Adidas shoe and now wouldn't be caught dead in any of their latest shoes.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have never thought of it so much as a brand, as what suits the player. Is no one wearing Stella McCartney this year? Caro has worn her well in the past.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hadnt seen Sveta's Rainbow Connection Outfit
OMG?????
Can I change my worst dressed pick from Vika to Sveta please.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
fashionista said:
OMG?????

Rainbow Connection. :laydownlaughing

No Fashionista. You cannot lay that claim solely on Sveta. :nono Vika has to share some of this prize for allowing Nike to put that awful thing on her.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions
britbox said:
I like Caro's outfits but it's probably more to do with who is wearing them. She makes clothes look good.
I've always preferred Adidas gear to anything Nike knock up.

201308291849677525058-p2@stats.com.jpg

Caro's outfit is pretty bad, I think, just too many colors and too many straps and layers. I do like the cutouts on the sides but I wish it was just a simple white or black.

djmm

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
I have never thought of it so much as a brand, as what suits the player. Is no one wearing Stella McCartney this year? Caro has worn her well in the past.

Caro really needs Stella because that black chastity patch is not working :nono

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I like the concept of Serena's doubles outfit, but the coloring is very dull. She needs to brighten those colors up a bit.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
fashionista said:
OMG?????
Love Sveta but if the outfit determined the USO champion, she would have "lost" in the first round!:laydownlaughing