US Open [Men], 2022 - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good choices, Berrettini for me, although I'm not too bothered who wins as it will be nice to have a new GS champion finally:astonished-face:
Oh, I knew I was forgetting someone I liked. Berrettini doesn't seem quite ready, but the draw is wide open, and he is my other fave.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think some of us said earlier in the year of all the GS, Alcaraz would probably win his first GS at the USO, well he has a great chance to do that now, he also has been playing well.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Very good played by Tiafoe but Nadal horrible:pleading-face::(:cry::nono::thumbs-down::sneezing-face::loudly-crying-face::anxious-face-with-sweat:
Well, looking in the positive way at least Rafa will be with his wife who I've read she and the baby are ok but anyway I'm sure that Rafa's head was in Mallorca .

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Very good played by Tiafoe but Nadal horrible:pleading-face::(:cry::nono::thumbs-down::sneezing-face::loudly-crying-face::anxious-face-with-sweat:
Well, looking in the positive way at least Rafa will be with his wife who I've read she an te baby are ok but anyway I'm sure that Rafa's head was in Mallorca .
Rafa was down to earth in his press conference saying that he has now more important things to look forward than tennis, his new baby

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Which makes me think from that presser, we aren’t going to see him play tennis the rest of the year.
Well he has qualified already for the ATP finals and he is still down to play Laver Cup, the baby is not due until October, so I guess we will see any other tournaments he will play

Reactions: Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
What! Nads exits while I'm away. Say it isn't so. Ole man cough drop is like thank you Rafa for going home, I could actually win this thing again if I lift my game enough.

If neither Carlito or Ruud reach the final, Nads becomes #1 even though he's gone. How bout them apples?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What! Nads exits while I'm away. Say it isn't so. Ole man cough drop is like thank you Rafa for going home, I could actually win this thing again if I lift my game enough.

If neither Carlito or Ruud reach the final, Nads becomes #1 even though he's gone. How bout them apples?
No way for Cough Drop. At least I hope not. And what would be terrible about Rafa being #1? He's won 2 Majors this year.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
No way for Cough Drop. At least I hope not. And what would be terrible about Rafa being #1? He's won 2 Majors this year.
Umm, where in my post do I say it would be terrible?

Hailz

The Tennis Kid
Reactions
Well it is approaching 8 p.m. where I live which is the same time as the US Open and there are two matches left for the day. Sinner & Ivashka, Alcaraz & Cilic. Since I have school starting tomorrow, I have to go to bed at 10 p.m. so those matches will have to start right now. That isn't going to happen and I am going to miss at least most of these great matches tonight. All of you enjoy them for me. :)

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Umm, where in my post do I say it would be terrible?
No, you didn't, it was just "how about them apples," which is sort of like a surprise. Or maybe you're surprised that he wouldn't be. I know it's all just math, so we'll see what happens.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
22-21-20 is where the slam race will end. Congratulations to Nadal and his fans. :clap: It also reminds me of the women’s 24-23-22, kind of ironic.

It would be cool though if he can become no.1 at 36 years old so I guess I will be rooting against Alcaraz and Ruud. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

@kskate2 I don't know if I have ever been so wrong about a prediction...as bad as I felt Rafa played I have to give Frances credit. Rafa's serve was the biggest red flag coming into the tournament and it NEVER was corrected. It happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.