Upset Corner - Wimbledon 2019 Edition

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Bajian said he would coach Osaka if she asked?
I wonder if she would if she continues to struggle. She had better get herself a real coach before she loses all self-confidence.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Did anyone watch Petra? Is she fully recovered from her injury?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Think someone mentioned that Sasha could have had a crush on her or maybe she had a crush on him and he didn't? Don't know, even if any of those were true they could still go on with him coaching her, but as she said she won't go against herself when it comes to personal things. Looks to me like they got too close at some point and her saying in what @Hoergren posted above (btw thanks for that) "I think my reason is I wouldn't put success over my happiness," to me that looks like love. I am here gossiping with women :D, but this is definitely more interesting than the boring seminar I attend.

She appears to be devastated in this interview. I feel sorry for her. She looks just so innocent. A good girl who just likes to play tennis, but seems that she doesn't enjoy it recently. Whether it's connected with Sasha or not, I just want her to recover from all of this and come back stronger.

I have to agree with Kskate, Osaka is a very young and emotional person,sometimes emotions get in the way of making wise decisions,I think we can all attest to that,just a part of life and growing.I also think she is a very shy young woman,after defeating Serena last year,media went wild and hyping her as the 'next big thing since sliced bread',maybe reaching the No 1 ranking was too fast for her.Sasha maybe too strong personality for her,a player does have to feel comfortable with their coach,lets face it they are on the road with them all year.I feel she has to take the pressure off herself,by the way seeing the Olympic's will be in Japan next year,she will probably be the face of the Olympic's tennis wise,she will just have to handle the added media pressure.Osaka is a very talented tennis player,hopefully this is just a bump in the road for her,she rebounds and starts playing the tennis she is capable of.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I wonder if she would if she continues to struggle. She had better get herself a real coach before she loses all self-confidence.
I don't know how true that is. He's coaching Mlad now and I don't know the specifics of his contract w/ her, but he may not be in a position to go back to Osaka right now even if she asked.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So Vekic did go down to Riske. She was up 4:1 in the 3rd with a break, but obviously that was not enough for her.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So Vekic did go down to Riske. She was up 4:1 in the 3rd with a break, but obviously that was not enough for her.
Not a surprise. She's a choke artist. I've seen her lose matches up 5-1 in the decider w/ MP's.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not a surprise. She's a choke artist. I've seen her lose matches up 5-1 in the decider w/ MP's.

So true, I tought the same once I saw how the match went on.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
D.Collins d A.Sevastova (12) 46 64 63 Good win for Danielle who made the s/finals at the AO this year

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Tenfan63

Futures Player
Reactions
Let's give Osaka's coach a break,remember Sasha was a hitting partner before he became a coach. Jenkins has to start somewhere.