The detaining of Tyreek Hill before Miami Dolphins game yesterday

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, the video footage is out. Anybody watched it? Thoughts?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Here's the link to the raw footage from the Miami Herald:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
My opinion, much ado about nothing:
  • He was doing 100mph in a 35 zone.
  • When he got pulled over he said just write my ticket so I can go
  • First of all, when you're going that fast, they don't have to write you a ticket, they can lock you up on a wreck less endangerment
  • He should've just complied w/ whatever they said. Is it against to law to raise your window during a stop, NO! But when the officer tells you to keep it down, you should just do what's asked
  • I did not like how quickly it escalated and they pulled him out of his car instead of waiting for him to get out.
  • They had to know who he was because I'm sure the plate is registered to him.
  • He ain't watched enough YT videos on what not to do when a black man is pulled over, the dufus

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
  • First of all, when you're going that fast, they don't have to write you a ticket, they can lock you up on a wreck less endangerment
  • He should've just complied w/ whatever they said. Is it against to law to raise your window during a stop, NO! But when the officer tells you to keep it down, you should just do what's asked
  • I did not like how quickly it escalated and they pulled him out of his car instead of waiting for him to get out.
  • He ain't watched enough YT videos on what not to do when a black man is pulled over, the dufus
DWB you are not afforded the luxuries of challenging the police who has a guns, tasers, baton and the assumed " FEARFUL FOR HIS OWN LIFE" which are on the police side. Its for a lack of a better word " an unleveled playing field"! Tyreek job was to shut his mouth and comply because he was in the WRONG and he knows it. PERIOD! Yes the Police officers were complete assholes but they can be with a badge and their weapons. They always have the upper hand. Tyreek is lucky it was near the stadium. Tyreek job was to roll the window down, shut his mouth, comply and let the asshole cops write the ticket to close the violation. PERIOD!

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ the entire thing could have been avoided if Mr. Hill did as suggested above. Keeping the window down and not spouting off with attitude at the inception would have resulted in a big nothing. I just don't understand how this gets played out again and again--and he was doing over 100 mph which was an offense worthy of arrest on the spot.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In follow up to the above, I'm seeing a lot of articles on my news feed written by black people in the USA concerning "the talk" they say they were given by their parents and have passed on to their children. I am not black, but I can assure you that I received the same type of talk from my parents concerning what to do and what not to do when you are stopped by a police officer. We are always vulnerable and we are powerless to challenge the investigating officer, regardless of what the charge may or may not be. There is no excuse for resisting, yelling, disregarding, challenging, etc., as they already have a reason for pulling you over in most cases. It may be seemingly trivial, but you have to "roll with it". You never know what is going on with the officer and you don't want to trigger anything, especially when it is completely avoidable. This also has to deal with the tone of the voice and not being sarcastic in tone. Nowadays, unlike 40 years ago, one can be pulled over by any type of officer whether they be Asian, black, Hispanic, white, or female. The response should be the same regardless of who it is.

Reactions: Kieran and Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought it was reported that he was doing 60 mph in a 40mph zone

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
In follow up to the above, I'm seeing a lot of articles on my news feed written by black people in the USA concerning "the talk" they say they were given by their parents and have passed on to their children. I am not black, but I can assure you that I received the same type of talk from my parents concerning what to do and what not to do when you are stopped by a police officer. We are always vulnerable and we are powerless to challenge the investigating officer, regardless of what the charge may or may not be. There is no excuse for resisting, yelling, disregarding, challenging, etc., as they already have a reason for pulling you over in most cases. It may be seemingly trivial, but you have to "roll with it". You never know what is going on with the officer and you don't want to trigger anything, especially when it is completely avoidable. This also has to deal with the tone of the voice and not being sarcastic in tone. Nowadays, unlike 40 years ago, one can be pulled over by any type of officer whether they be Asian, black, Hispanic, white, or female. The response should be the same regardless of who it is.
All due respect. the THREAT is ALWAYS at ORANGE/FIRE RED when you are pulled over driving while black! Unless you're black you really havent experienced the heighten threat level. These are not stories this is LIFE as a BLACK person MAN or WOMAN!

Reactions: kskate2

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I thought it was reported that he was doing 60 mph in a 40mph zone

Regardless, this didn't need to go to such an extreme! Tyreek was being a common POS & thought his celebrity could afford him being disrespectful to these cops! I hardly condone such behavior from either side, but it definitely could have been avoided! As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't have even been in that freakin' State! Why would he leave KC & Mahomes just for a little extra $$? IMO it just wasn't worth it; esp. losing out on the last 2 SB's! What an idiot! :angry-face::astonished-face::yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-symbols-on-mouth:

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Regardless, this didn't need to go to such an extreme! Tyreek was being a common POS & thought his celebrity could afford him being disrespectful to these cops! I hardly condone such behavior from either side, but it definitely could have been avoided! As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't have even been in that freakin' State! Why would he leave KC & Mahomes just for a little extra $$? IMO it just wasn't worth it; esp. losing out on the last 2 SB's! What an idiot! :angry-face::astonished-face::yawningface::fearful-face::face-with-symbols-on-mouth:
KC weather , night life vs Miami's night life, weather and women, is it really a choice! Who really cares about another championship at this point in his young career is his mentality, The man had 4 kids with 4 different women last year while married. I don't know what any of this has to do with Tyreek driving 60 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone to get slammed to the concrete regardless of attitude. Yet, the need to teach the cocky athlete to obey the law and directions of the police officers took precedence.

Reactions: Fiero425

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
KC weather , night life vs Miami's night life, weather and women, is it really a choice! Who really cares about another championship at this point in his young career is his mentality, The man had 4 kids with 4 different women last year while married. I don't know what any of this has to do with Tyreek driving 60 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone to get slammed to the concrete regardless of attitude. Yet, the need to teach the cocky athlete to obey the law and directions of the police officers took precedence.
Just flat nasty. Boy better buy a case of Trojans before he catches a case (AIDS, STD)

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher