Sofia Open, Bulgaria - ATP 250

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
This seems like it must be good news for the up-and-comers, though it's hard to tell what anything means in this strange year. Perhaps @El Dude has an opinion. Anyway, congratulations to the young Italian, and also to Pospisil, who is having a resurgent year, surprisingly.
I think you're right: the year is just not normal, so there are likely more outliers. Add in the fact that the entire era is different than the last few, both with the Big Three dominance and altered aging patterns, and I don't think convention wisdom holds.

Either way, Sinner is one of the young guys with the highest upside, and as good a candidate for being a future number one and mult-Slam winner as anyone else.

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I think you're right: the year is just not normal, so there are likely more outliers. Add in the fact that the entire era is different than the last few, both with the Big Three dominance and altered aging patterns, and I don't think convention wisdom holds.

Either way, Sinner is one of the young guys with the highest upside, and as good a candidate for being a future number one and mult-Slam winner as anyone else.

Sinner needs to pick up some muscles; and fast! That spindly little body will get broken, even going up against the "old guys" at the top! :face-with-head-bandage: