3. Alex de Minaur
4. Jan-Lennard Struff
5. Adrian Mannarino
6. John Millman
7. Nikoloz Basilashvili
8. Marin Cilic

sofia_tournimage_16.jpg

The Tournament:

The Sofia Open is a men's ATP World Tour 250 series tournament played on indoor hard courts. It was held for the first time as part of the 2016 ATP World Tour. The tournament takes place at the Arena Armeec in Sofia, Bulgaria.

About Sofia:

Sofia is the capital and largest city of Bulgaria. The city is at the foot of Vitosha mountain in the western part of the country. Being in the centre of the Balkans, it is midway between the Black Sea and the Adriatic Sea, and closest to the Aegean Sea.

Sofia is the 13th largest city in the European Union. The city is surrounded by mountains, such as Mount Vitosha by the southern side, Lyulin by the western side, and the Balkan Mountains by the north, which makes it the second highest European capital after Madrid. The city is built on the Iskar river, and has many mineral springs, such as the Sofia Central Mineral Baths. Sofia has a humid continental climate.

Sofia_333.jpg

Tourism Guide:

TV Coverage:

Americas:

Latin America - Productora/Torneos
Brazil - Bandsport
United States - Tennis Channel

Asia:
China - Iqiyi
Hong Kong - PCCW
Japan - Wowow
Korea - Eclat
Malaysia - Astro
Myanmar - Skynet
Philippines - Elite Sports
Philippines - Elite Sports
Singapore - Starhub
Taiwan - Sino Catch
Thailand - Cineplex Limited
Vietnam - Canal +

Europe:
Albania - Straightforward in Sports
Bulgaria - Mobitel
Cyprus - CYTA
Czech Republic - Tolano
Denmark - Modern Times
Finland - MTV
France - Eurosport
Georgia - Adjara
Germany - Perform
Greece - Hellenic
Hungary - Pragosport
Italy - Sportcast
Netherlands - Liberty Global/Ziggo
Poland - Telewizja Polsat
Portugal - Sport TV
Romania - Digisport
Serbia - IKO Sportclub
Spain - Telefonica
Spain - Enjoy
Turkey - Saran
United Kingdom & ROI - Amazon Prime Video

Middle East:
Israel - Sport 5
MENA - beIN SPORTS
MENA - beIN SPORTS
MENA - ASBU

Worldwide:
Worldwide - Tennis TV

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder if the young Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime get the monkey off his back and finally win a singles title here in Sofia.
( Felix and his doubles partner Hubert Hurkacz d No2 seed Pavic/Soares to win the doubles title in Paris Masters).

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Both the No 1 and No 2 seeds were defeated in their first rd matches
R.Albot d (1) D.Shapovalov 62 64
S.Caruso d (2)F.Auger-Aliassime 64 64.

S/finals,

A.Mannarino (5) vs J.Sinner
V.Pospisil vs R.Gasquet.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am happy that my future No 1 player Jannik Sinner :) is in the s/final and has a good chance for making the final.
Around this time last year he made the final of the New Gen players defeating Aussie Alex.

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I am happy that my future No 1 player Jannik Sinner :) is in the s/final and has a good chance for making the final.
Around this time last year he made the final of the New Gen players defeating Aussie Alex.

I’ll be bold(ish) and predict he wins the tournament.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Very tight match. Sinner went off the boil in the 2nd, but he's back playing very well, and Pospisil's serve is solid.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The kid just turned it up a notch in that TB. Very special talent indeed. Congrats Sinner on your first title! :clap:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The kid just turned it up a notch in that TB. Very special talent indeed. Congrats Sinner on your first title! :clap:
He really did. Tough loss for Pospisil, because he played a really good match. Sinner's just better. First title at still only 19 years old!

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Congratulations Jannik to win your maiden ATP Title (Jannik is the youngest ATP Champion on the ATP Tour since Kei Nishikori in 2008).Jannik is the sixth first time ATP titlist in 2020, and the fifth player aged 21 or younger that has claimed a maiden trophy this year.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Congratulations Jannik to win your maiden ATP Title (Jannik is the youngest ATP Champion on the ATP Tour since Kei Nishikori in 2008).Jannik is the sixth first time ATP titlist in 2020, and the fifth player aged 21 or younger that has claimed a maiden trophy this year.
This seems like it must be good news for the up-and-comers, though it's hard to tell what anything means in this strange year. Perhaps @El Dude has an opinion. Anyway, congratulations to the young Italian, and also to Pospisil, who is having a resurgent year, surprisingly.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This seems like it must be good news for the up-and-comers, though it's hard to tell what anything means in this strange year. Perhaps @El Dude has an opinion. Anyway, congratulations to the young Italian, and also to Pospisil, who is having a resurgent year, surprisingly.
With that title Sinner goes to ranking of 37,I have always maintained he has soo much upside to his game,yes he is young,yes this has been a very strange year,I actually thought one of his best matches he played this year was against Rafa at RG even though he lost,he was not overwhelmed playing Rafa and took his game to Rafa.Let us see what will happen with the tour in 2021.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With that title Sinner goes to ranking of 37,I have always maintained he has soo much upside to his game,yes he is young,yes this has been a very strange year,I actually thought one of his best matches he played this year was against Rafa at RG even though he lost,he was not overwhelmed playing Rafa and took his game to Rafa.Let us see what will happen with the tour in 2021.

Sinner has become one of the "let's looks in the draw to see where he ends up" players against everyone's current faves for the AO. I'm sure Novak, Rafa, Federer and Theim fans will be curious in whose quarter he lands....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sinner has become one of the "let's looks in the draw to see where he ends up" players against everyone's current faves for the AO. I'm sure Novak, Rafa, Federer and Theim fans will be curious in whose quarter he lands....
It's so hard to know who's really going to become the next big threat, but I think you're right...at the very least, the big guys will have their eyes on him. FAA was our next great teenager, and now he's in a bit of a slump. Medvedev was set for big things, and slumped. Rublev is impressing, atm, but we've yet to really see. And so on. It took Thiem a long time to get where he is. Patience is needed, I guess.