Open Sud Montpellier 250

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
What happened in the final? Looks like Richie won with the score 3:0, that's what ATP has.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
What a lousy time to fall sick. This is from ATP website:

Fourth seed Richard Gasquet captured his third Open Sud de France title on Sunday in Montpellier.

The Frenchman now has a 20-6 record at this ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard-court tournament, having previously lifted the trophy in 2006 (d. Gicquel), when it was held in Lyon, and in 2013 (d. Paire). He finished runner-up to Gael Monfils in last year’s final, but avenged that loss with victory over his countryman in Saturday’s semi-finals.

Gasquet was crowned champion when Jerzy Janowicz was forced to retire ill just three games into the final. The fourth seed had won 14 straight points to open up a 3-0, 30/0 lead before Janowicz conceded.

"I'm extremely disappointed because I felt pretty OK the whole week," said Janowicz. "I saved six match points in the first round and after that I played pretty good tennis. Two days ago, I got sick. I haven't slept in almost two days. I had a fever and the flu and I'm so weak. There was not much that I could do today."

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hate to see anyone drop out of a final. But congrats to Gasquet. This seems to be his tournament.

And I have to say this is a tasty looking pizza. :snicker

gasquet_132438-L0x0.jpg

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tennis must the no 1 ranked sport with highest number of weird far-out trophys. oddities everywhere.

richey is gonna be waking up in the night feeling hungry..and whilst still half asleep he will be trying to eat his winners trophy.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
or its a roman era mosaic, maybe the hubcap from emperor Augustus's car.

thus at the same time destroying the idea that the motor car was invented around the year 1885/86.

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Happy for Richie even if I'ld have prefered to see him win normaly...