Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid, Spain, 2024 - Masters 1000

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well he did 'the lawnmower' after he won the TB, as I posted the last time I remember he did that was in the final at the USO in 2013:)
You're telling me he hasn't cranked the lawnmower in over 10 years? No wonder he's moving slowly. Can't function w/ those weeds and tall grass smothering him...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You're telling me he hasn't cranked the lawnmower in over 10 years? No wonder he's moving slowly. Can't function w/ those weeds and tall grass smothering him...

I know I've spouted that this is one of many things that put me off of Nadal even though just a kid 20 years ago! The arrogance of playing at "his pace" began early! He truly stole many matches against Roger & Novak thru stalling, balancing water bottles, incessant toweling off, & challenging every close call! I guess the truly neurotic are rewarded if they perform at a high level at least some of the timel! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: I'm a product of an earlier era where all that gesticulation was so unseemly! That's what endeared Connors w/ the masses I guess! All that emotion was subdued thru a gentleman's code! Sampras was vanilla so the fans worship Agassi more w/ his "image is everything" campaign! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I know I've spouted that this is one of many things that put me off of Nadal even though just a kid 20 years ago! The arrogance of playing at "his pace" began early! He truly stole many matches against Roger & Novak thru stalling, balancing water bottles, incessant toweling off, & challenging every close call! I guess the truly neurotic are rewarded if they perform at a high level at least some of the timel! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: I'm a product of an earlier era where all that gesticulation was so unseemly! That's what endeared Connors w/ the masses I guess! All that emotion was subdued thru a gentleman's code! Sampras was vanilla so the fans worship Agassi more w/ his "image is everything" campaign! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:
Get a sense of humor will you, actually Rafa did the 'Lawnmower" against your fav player at the USO:) you cant help yourself where Rafa is concerned can you ? LOL!

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You're basically saying that Rafa owes Roger about 30 minutes (clock time) of his career which means maybe a ten or fifteen match swing in their H2h rivalry?

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You're basically saying that Rafa owes Roger about 30 minutes (clock time) of his career which means maybe a ten or fifteen match swing in their H2h rivalry?
Why bother :) he only pops up when someone posts anything about Rafa, he needs to concentrate on Novak, oh wait Novak isnt playing Madrid lol! go figure:)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Seeing the womens match went 3 sets, finally the last mens match Zverev v Shapo

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP if you are still around,
This is to inform you that your girl Madison is playing Coco tomorrow
Dont say I dont inform you and yes I am still waiting for that cheque:)

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually the mens match I am looking forward to is Alcaraz vs Struff, should be a good match
Both players looked good in their matches today
Also Griekspoor had a good 3 sets win over Rune

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Holger is all over the place lately, wonder why? Let's see if Shapo got anything for Zed tonite.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Holger is all over the place lately, wonder why? Let's see if Shapo got anything for Zed tonite.
I dont take much notice of his results in Madrid, players coming into this tournament dont adjust to the fake clay and high altitude
I will give Rune a pass, lets see when he gets back on proper clay conditions in my hometown:) Roma,
Rune has a good game on the clay usually
BTW Rune turns 21 tomorrow, so he can really go out and celebrate!
Do youngsters still celebrate turning 21 these days, they did in my day, though I guess that was in the 'dinosaur era" :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev always gets the late nighters in Madrid :) this match started at 11pm, due to the fact the ladies match went 3 sets

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
You know Shapo has progressed little since early days, his 'swashbuckling style' just dosent work, though he has been advised to change? he does change coaches a lot.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
You know Shapo has progressed little since early days, his 'swashbuckling style' just dosent work, though he has been advised to change? he does change coaches a lot.
Maybe he's in search of that one coach that will embrace and not lecture him about his swashbuckling?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maybe he's in search of that one coach that will embrace and not lecture him about his swashbuckling?
Good luck with that :) he commits too many UFE in a match, swashbuckling is not the way to go in my opinion, he has to learn to play percentages and No I am not signing up to coach him :)

• Haha
Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev think, and get rid of that 'man bun" it does you no favors? broken serving for the match