Dubai Duty Free, United Arab Emirates, WTA Premier

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Results from the Dubai Championships Women's Singles Semifinal matches on Friday

7-Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) beat 1-Angelique Kerber (Germany) 6-3 7-6(3)
10-Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark) beat Anastasija Sevastova (Latvia) 6-3 6-4

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dubai Duty Free Final

elina-svitolina.jpg
v
caroline-wozniacki.jpg

7-Elina Svitolina (Ukraine) v 10-Caroline Wozniacki (Denmark)

H2H: Svitolina leads 1-0

2016 Miami Masters R32 Hard Elina Svitolina Caroline Wozniacki 5-7 6-4 7-6(1)

---

Final Preview:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Didn't you go to this tournament last year Margaret? Think there was torrential rain from memory.

Yes I did,again there have been rain delays.I have had computer troubles,sorry I took soo long to reply

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good to see Caroline having consistent results,making the final.Elina is on the cusp of making the Top Ten in the WTA and if she wins the final her reward is entering the Top Ten,a former RG Junior Champion,she defeated Kerber for the third time to make the final.Elina defeated Caroline twice before,though their last match it went to 3 sets..I expect a tight battle I am picking Elina,though I would be delighted to see Caroline win the final,she now appears injury free and has played well in the recent 2 tournaments.

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good to see Caroline having consistent results,making the final.Elina is on the cusp of making the Top Ten in the WTA and if she wins the final her reward is entering the Top Ten,a former RG Junior Champion,she defeated Kerber for the third time to make the final.Elina defeated Caroline twice before,though their last match it went to 3 sets..I expect a tight battle I am picking Elina,though I would be delighted to see Caroline win the final,she now appears injury free and has played well in the recent 2 tournaments.

Good call Margaret. Elina now breaks into the Top 10.