Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Djokovic in 3

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I figured this one deserves a thread and a poll.

Reactions: britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rather a different Roger and a different Novak from the last time they met. Both looking a bit scratchy and out-of-sorts, at times. The short evening has to help Fed, a bit. Plus, all the Feddies say this is a fast HC and favors him.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Cincy has slowed down too. It's not playing like it was in 2012 where it was much faster. Go see the highlights if you don't believe me.

Fed in 3.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually the court speeds of Toronto and Cincinnati are similar
Hmmm...I think you'd get some argument from your fellow Fed fans there. I'm not really a maven of the court speeds. But I do think that Cincy gets rated as one of the fastest. In any case, there's a reason that Novak hasn't won it, and Roger has...I believe a record # of times. Anyway, plenty of pressure on both sides. Joker going for the box set, and Roger for his 99th title (as he, himself, pointed out in the post-game interview.)

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hmmm...I think you'd get some argument from your fellow Fed fans there. I'm not really a maven of the court speeds. But I do think that Cincy gets rated as one of the fastest.

Cincinnati plays faster due to conditions.Both are about 35 CPI.

Similar to IW-Miami.IW court is slower than Miami but balls travels faster thru the air

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cincinnati plays faster due to conditions.Both are about 35 CPI.

Similar to IW-Miami.IW court is slower than Miami but balls travels faster thru the air
I get the difference between IW and Miami - desert air v. humidity, but Toronto is not different from Cincy, this time of year. Either the court plays faster, or it doesn't.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
The best scenario for tennis this year -

Faker wins Cincy tomorrow and steals YE#1 from mowgli

Fred wins a historic 6th USO and becomes undisputed USO GOAT and then wins a 7th WTF.

dull goes home with his clay trophies.

Please tennis gods, make it happen

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gonna be hot, sunny and a bit humid tomorrow for the match. Anyway, they'll finish the tournament on Sunday, it seems.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Fred wins a historic 6th USO and becomes undisputed USO GOAT and then wins a 7th WTF.

You're rooting for Djokovic tomorrow? So you really are that sad troll who hates Rafa more than he roots for Roger. BTW, there are no "tennis gods." It's sports, dude, not a cosmic clash of Good vs Evil.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Best scenario is Fed wins everything and is named king of the universe.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions

Oh I would take every win at this point but after the 2017 post Wimbledon debacle this is the best deal we could get because Fed clinching YE#1 is highly unlikely so I'd rather dull not get YE#1 which means faker will have to get it and Fed can concentrate on winning the last two big titles of the year USO and WTF.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
You're rooting for Djokovic tomorrow? So you really are that sad troll who hates Rafa more than he roots for Roger. BTW, there are no "tennis gods." It's sports, dude, not a cosmic clash of Good vs Evil.

I'm rooting for anything that gets rid of mowgli for good. And if a I'm troll for hating dull then I hope I'm the biggest troll the world has ever known.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm rooting for anything that gets rid of mowgli for good. And if a I'm troll for hating dull then I hope I'm the biggest troll the world has ever known.
It's a small ambition, but you're doing great.

Reactions: Riotbeard and mrzz

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If we could only go back to just watching tennis. The amped-up faction wars make me tired, sometimes. I actually enjoyed rooting for Roger today.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'd better say that you are the most stupid troll that I've seen around. It was a shame that Goffin had to retire, he was playing well .......

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
I'd better say that you are the most stupid troll that I've seen around. It was a shame that Goffin had to retire, he was playing well .......

Yes I wanted Fed to beat muffin in straight sets. A half match is never good for the winner.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
If we could only go back to just watching tennis. The amped-up faction wars make me tired, sometimes. I actually enjoyed rooting for Roger today.

Well, to be fully honest the “faction wars” are a major reason I haven’t posted a lot lately. The noise just drowns out the signal.

The irony is that it has reminded me that while I’m a Roger fan, I also do enjoy and greatly respect Rafa and am going to miss him when he’s gone.

(I know I’m now dead to at least three Federer fans )

Reactions: Riotbeard