Brydan Klein Loses to Millot In 3rd Set Breaker and Then Walks Off Alone In Despair

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
jg writes:

Totally, the Europeans are eating better, just look at the Laver Cup, the only way the "world" beats Europe is if The 2 coaches play each other, just look at the Europe lineup, Berdych is like the worst player.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Haunted by this loss by Klein. Guy works so hard. so dedicated. Such a nice guy. Wants it so bad. Busted his butt for three hours in 90 degree scorching heat to win a US Open quali 1R match, earns the match point but bungles it away and then loses the match. Collapses in agony to his knees. Total agony. Such extreme naked suffering. In front of a few hundred fans. Has to pick up his bags, go home and start over again. Life is too tough for a tennis player.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
jg writes:

Apparently article in Vogue featuring Zverev and Thiem, both say they eat carefully.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Duke Carnoustie writes:

“I love playing here,” Isner said of the Winston-Salem Open. "I love staying at home, and I want to try to avoid New York City as long as I can.” So Isner went out of his way to tell people in NC that he tries to avoid NY as much as possible. And you wonder why Americans rooted for Monfils instead of him. New Yorkers can smell a phony a mile away and Isner is a major one. This group of U.S. players is 100 percent unlikeable; I can't wait for Taylor Fritz and Tiafoe and Donaldson to surpass these bums.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

jg - The Vogue photo of Zverev and Thiem going with the article is unbelievable - look like they've stepped out of a Carravaggio - a couple of Renaissance beauties. Wouldn't last 5 minutes on the tennis court :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Corection - there is a Head of Women's Tennis in Germany - Barbara Rittner - wonder if she can help get Angelique back on track again ? Thinking of the UK - there may be heads of women's and men's tennis here but I've no idea who they are. Says something.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
dan markowitz writes:

Yes Izzie is a fool for saying that. Also, isn't his wife to be from New York? I go out of my way not to watch an Izzie match. I like Ball, but Izzie will win his 2 or 3 rounds and then bomb out. One of the worst Davis Cup players too.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
catherine writes:

Maybe Isner just doesn't like big cities - lots of people don't. Muguruza said something like that about NY - too big, too busy, too noisy. So don't expect to see her in the final. Re Becker - bearing in mind he's bankrupt in England and the German position is unpaid - do we expect to see him moving back to the Federal Republic where he obviously has funds available ?

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
scoopmalinowski writes:

Duke; maybe that Monfils match is vCard what triggered Isner to dislove New York. Guess is he gets appearance fee fir WS which i hear is a very nice event.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

Regarding players not liking NYC, Edberg had problems with the noise, etc., but he found coping mechanisms. He may have even stayed outside of the city. So today's players have to do the same. Catherine, I had to chuckle at that Vogue photo of Sascha and Dominic. I thought Sascha looked like himself - blond and long-limbed. But how they made Thiem look brooding is an example of journalism magic. I love Dominic dearly, but he usually looks like an overgrown kid. :)

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Duke Carnoustie writes:

Scoop that Monfils match may have done that but if I am him and I am the No. 10 seed in a depleted field, I am thinking of making a run at this Open. I'd want the NYC crowd behind me and I'd be open about saying that before instead of basically saying he hates the city. I don't doubt that he hates NYC buy why say that when the crowd may be able to give you a boost and this is a major opportunity? No doubt he gets a check for showing up in WS.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Duke Carnoustie writes:

I'll make a prediction on the draw. The Zverev brothers will be slotted to meet in the third round; I have been waiting for this match to happen and it hasn't happened yet at the ATP level.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

In contrast to Isner's remarks on NYC, young Shapovalov already knows the importance of crowd support and how to get it. He won his 2nd round match in qualies today. "I feel lucky to be outside my country and to have so many people to support me. And in such a great city as New York it's so much fun to be out here. Hopefully, the fans will come out again and take me as far as I can go."

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Hartt; Shapovaloc played in front of a packed mini stadium, adjacent to the court of Felix, both matches going on simultaneous. Shapovalov was up a set and down 3-5 with Elias serving at 30-all. Elias then double faulted twice in a row to blow the game and then Shapovalov held broke and held to close it out. A few minutes before Felix went down in straight sets to Stakhovsky who had to summon his best to hold off Felix. Both courts were very crowded with onlookers.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Hartt writes:

Scoop, I envy you seeing these matches in person. I was watching them on live scores on the USO site. Fortunately, those 2 matches plus Peter Polansky's were shown in a row, so I could keep an eye on all 3 at the same time. Felix had a tough opponent, so am glad to hear he played well. I am so looking forward to next year's Rogers Cup, so I can finally see these youngsters in person, TV and streams can only give an idea of what they are like. In interviews they both come across as nice kids, mature for their ages, so in addition to their obvious talent, you want to root for them. It is so exciting to have these 2 come along at the same time, fierce competitors who are good friends and can help each other in their tennis journeys.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
Lavonna writes:

Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd really like to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please blast me an e-mail if interested. Many thanks!

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
trace mobile number exact location on map writes:

I like the things you guys are up to. This type of great effort and coverage! Keep up the very good work friends, I've added you to my mobile location tracker webpage.

TFBlogGuest

Masters Champion
Reactions
kik on pc writes:

Hey, what do you feel on the subject of kik messenger download? Pretty fascinating subject, isn't it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scoop Pro Tennis (Mens) 6