Breaking News: Bernard Tomic Has Won A Match

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

You seem to think it's impossible for Fed to use a fake excuse. Everyone who plays Fed plays the match of their lives against him. Michael Russell match point on Kuerten in Paris, same thing. We saw zero hint of any mono or fatigue or illness vs Santoro. If you think Fed is perfect and impossible of making a fake excuse, keep believing that. You may be right. But I think Fed is human and he is vulnerable to bad losses and low biorhythms. Ever the greatest have off days. Even journeymen and lower ranked players are capable of tennis magic.

I don't think for one minute he's perfect and incapable of making a fake excuse but that was clearly not a time when he made an excuse. Anyone watching his play could see that. He started losing matches in 2008 to guys he'd never lost against before and took forever to beat the mighty Janko Tipsarevic which should be proof enough for you that he was not ok. As I said above, mono is intermittent and you need to read up on it...

As aforementioned, Soderling was an absolute beast in Bastad and retired a week later 'cos he could barely stay awake or get up off the couch. He lost 1 (!) game against Berdych in the Bastad semi and beat Ferrer 6-2 6-2 in the final. Retired a week later 'cos of complete exhaustion due to chronic mono. What more proof does anyone need?!

Last edited:

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Not such a bad loss for Klein because Norris is red hot right now. But it's another excruciating failure in another close match. These are the kinds of match wins he needs to make a move up the rankings. Once again he blows the opportunity. Yet he still believes and will keep battling. Satral is pretty good, I saw him win a round or two at US Open qualies and then he won the first set off Shapavolov in the third round of qualies. He beat a good player the round previous but I forget who it was.

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Soderling quitting after destroying a tournament is one of the most mysteriously sudden retirements in tennis history. Let's put it that way. Fed nearly lost to Tipsy, so what? Like I said, everyone plays the match of their career vs Roger. Sampras had stretches like that in his prime, yet he never made excuses.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

Soderling quitting after destroying a tournament is one of the most mysteriously sudden retirements in tennis history. Let's put it that way. Fed nearly lost to Tipsy, so what? Like I said, everyone plays the match of their career vs Roger. Sampras had stretches like that in his prime, yet he never made excuses.

Last post from me on this 'cos frankly I think it's just plain stupid for people to imply Federer made up mono as an excuse. Going by that amazing theory that because Federer beat Santoro easily there was nothing wrong him then I guess Nadal winning his first 2 rounds of RG 2016 easily and then retiring with a wrist injury in round 3 was an excuse too. Btw, beating Santoro easily isn't exactly an extraordinary claim to fame. He was a crafty player but he was no GOAT and lacked the firepower needed to trouble Federer any way whatsoever.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

hard to believe Fed would have a doctor make up a medical examination so he can find excuse for losing a tennis match. If that was the case then he needed tonnes of excuses for matches lost...even to nobodies let alone to great players. Hell that year he even lost to Andy "i own you" Roddick, first time in like 5 years!

Reactions: Front242

scoop

Major Winner
Reactions
Scoop Malinowski writes:

dan, do you think Kozlov was hitting his fh bigger? It is a very important win for Kozlov. He looked like a weaponless broken dispirited player at US Open. To get two quick wins in his first event back is very very important for him.