BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, CA, 2023 - ATP Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's so good, he beat the champion of the local galactic arm, the undefeated Xxzoriustylax, an eight-limbed octilopod from Aldebaran's fourth planet. Even more impressive is that Xxzoriustylax wielded four racquets, each equipped with quantum-fusion boosters, and the octilopods are capable of instantaneous warp jumping. Rafa won 0-6, 1-6, 7-6 (87-85), 7-6 (29-27), 6-0 in a match lasting 27 hours.
I think you're replying to the wrong person. All atttomole said is that they think Nadal's tennis is sublime. That's a simple opinion, and perfectly valid.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Looking forward to Wawrinka - Rune match. Last time they played in Bercy last year it went to 3rd set TB which Rune won. How much gun powder Stan has left?
You’ve got to hand it to Murray and Wawrinka, right? Stan is talking about fighting his way back into seeding position in the slams, and why not? Murray is getting great results. Youngsters should probably look at this pair for an example, instead of the Big 3. The big 3 often make it look easy - and they often have it easy - and have set an impossible hurdlle for the next fifty years, but Stan and Andy are showing what it is to be a pro battling in every match..

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You’ve got to hand it to Murray and Wawrinka, right? Stan is talking about fighting his way back into seeding position in the slams, and why not? Murray is getting great results. Youngsters should probably look at this pair for an example, instead of the Big 3. The big 3 often make it look easy - and they often have it easy - and have set an impossible hurdlle for the next fifty years, but Stan and Andy are showing what it is to be a pro battling in every match..
I agree. I really admire their will to compete and improve their game at this stage of their careers when they are already far from top 10, just battling out there and having fun while they can. They are setting an example to whoever might look up to them.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I think you're replying to the wrong person. All atttomole said is that they think Nadal's tennis is sublime. That's a simple opinion, and perfectly valid.
1678715448973.png

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree. I really admire their will to compete and improve their game at this stage of their careers when they are already far from top 10, just battling out there and having fun while they can. They are setting an example to whoever might look up to them.
Yeah they could easily rest on their pile of money and grow fat, but they’re fighting like bastards out there..

• Haha
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Looking forward to Wawrinka - Rune match. Last time they played in Bercy last year it went to 3rd set TB which Rune won. How much gun powder Stan has left?
Don,
If I remember correctly didnt Stan call Rune a baby in that match lol! Rune can carry on :)

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don,
If I remember correctly didnt Stan call Rune a baby in that match lol! Rune can carry on :)
Oh yes yes, a cold handshake at the net and Stan told him to stop acting like a baby :) Stan was also probably pissed because he had some match points and lost it. It might get interesting today if it gets close, but Rune is a strong favorite in this one.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh yes yes, a cold handshake at the net and Stan told him to stop acting like a baby :) Stan was also probably pissed because he had some match points and lost it. It might get interesting today if it gets close, but Rune is a strong favorite in this one.
Good to see Stan still competing, I thought will all his injury woes and time off the tour, he might have retired, still loves competing,good for him

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Another match I am looking forward to is youngJack Draper playing Andy Murray, Draper seems at present to pick up injuries, hopefully going forward in his career, he can stay healthy, he has a good overall game and a good lefty serve, Murray will have his hands full.

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another match I am looking forward to is youngJack Draper playing Andy Murray, Draper seems at present to pick up injuries, hopefully going forward in his career, he can stay healthy, he has a good overall game and a good lefty serve, Murray will have his hands full.
I am yet to see Draper play. He progressed a lot in a short period of time. Definitely interesting match. Feels a bit like a changing of the guard in UK tennis, old Murray against young Draper. I give Murray the edge mentally, but the firepower is probably on the side of Draper. Apparently he was looking up to Murray while growing up so he has to beat his idol.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am yet to see Draper play. He progressed a lot in a short period of time. Definitely interesting match. Feels a bit like a changing of the guard in UK tennis, old Murray against young Draper. I give Murray the edge mentally, but the firepower is probably on the side of Draper. Apparently he was looking up to Murray while growing up so he has to beat his idol.
Murray did manage to win a match the other day in straight sets first time in 5 months lol! you can never count Murray out as we have all seen, agree it is like the changing of the guard in UK tennis., I wont be surprised if the match goes the distance

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is from Danill Medvedev from yesterday in his match against Ivashka to umpire Lahyani

" I'm gonna pee as slow as this court is. So you can take 25 minutes.The court is slow, so I go slow, I take my time ".

My take from that post, he dosent like the slow courts at IW :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and Kieran

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
FAA started slow but is starting to clean up his game towards the end of the first set.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rune is getting spanked by the Stanimal.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rune is getting spanked by the Stanimal.
Stan has come out for revenge, still can he keep up this level of play? Rune ROS needs attention, I noticed that in the last tournament he played
I wish the organizers would not put on the women's match I want to watch at the same time lol! I am watching 2 matches at once and going cross eyed