ATP website's new format

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good point about "why now?" Kirijax. I don't know why they've made some of their best features so hard to access. But these are the people that had a really nice draw challenge for MS that functioned beautifully, and they dropped it.

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
You can still use the old ATP website interface

If you don't like the new atp website, the spanish version uses the old interface. You can use a translation addon in your browser (if it doesn't come with one). If not, you're prob already familiar enough with the layout you can intuit your way around even without a translation/understanding Spanish

http://es.atpworldtour.com

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Someone posted this on tennis.com. You can use the Spanish site which has the old layout and use a browser like Chrome to auto translate.

http://es.atpworldtour.com/

tented

Administrator
Reactions
mrzz said:
For me it is close to a disaster, like most new web-sites. It hides information, and I can bet it has less information than before. It is not made for the ones who know what they are looking for, is made for the occasional passer-by. It is focused on the looks, not on the content.

I just checked Janowicz's titles/finals page, and got the message "No data found for this player."

So, yes, less information than before ...

And I still can't figure out where to find h2h -- other than for matches in progress, or on the daily schedule. If anyone can show me where to find the h2h between, say, Murray and Federer, I would appreciate it.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
mrzz said:
For me it is close to a disaster, like most new web-sites. It hides information, and I can bet it has less information than before. It is not made for the ones who know what they are looking for, is made for the occasional passer-by. It is focused on the looks, not on the content.

I just checked Janowicz's titles/finals page, and got the message "No data found for this player."

And I still can't figure out where to find h2h -- other than for matches in progress, or on the daily schedule. If anyone can show me where to find the h2h between, say, Murray and Federer, I would appreciate it.

1. Click Players in the menu bar.
2. Go down and you'll see two random players and their H2H.
3. On each side of the players of the edge of the H2H box is a colored tab with a magnifying glass icon. Click the orange one for example and that entire side turns orange.
4. On the top of the box it says "Search Player Name." Just type in the player you want and he pops up. Then do the same on the other side, typing in the other players name. That should do it.

Was that what you were looking for?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kirijax said:
tented said:
mrzz said:

3. On each side of the players of the edge of the H2H box is a colored tab with a magnifying glass icon. Click the orange one for example and that entire side turns orange.
4. On the top of the box it says "Search Player Name." Just type in the player you want and he pops up. Then do the same on the other side, typing in the other players name. That should do it.

Yes, thank you, however I don't think figuring that out is even slightly intuitive.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Kirijax said:
tented said:

Yes, thank you, however I don't think figuring that out is even slightly intuitive.

I think it's better than before because you had to go back and punch in both names before, but now you can keep one there and just change the other.

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Front242 said:
Someone posted this on tennis.com. You can use the Spanish site which has the old layout and use a browser like Chrome to auto translate.

Someone? :D

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
bajana said:
Front242 said:

LOL yeah, I noticed it was you after I'd already posted that but you go by a diff name there ;)

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Front242 said:
bajana said:
Front242 said:

LOL yeah, I noticed it was you after I'd already posted that but you go by a diff name there ;)

I mostly go by a different name everywhere :dodgy:

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Kirijax said:
tented said:
mrzz said:

I hope you don't mind but I quoted your instructions for a guy over at t3nnis.tv (gave you and site credit). You're clearly smarter than the average bear (and I used to think I was), but you're almost the only person I know who figured it out :eyepop

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
bajana said:
Kirijax said:
tented said:

I hope you don't mind but I quoted your instructions for a guy over at t3nnis.tv (gave you and site credit). You're clearly smarter than the average bear (and I used to think I was), but you're almost the only person I know who figured it out :eyepop

Or I just spend way too much time dinkering around on tennis sites. :cool:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks Kirijax, I used the method. It's very much a concealed thing, isn't it? But they've left the match stats off each match in the H2H's, which is a loss to the page...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Kieran said:
Thanks Kirijax, I used the method. It's very much a concealed thing, isn't it?

So concealed you'd think they don't want it to be found. I sent them an email, and suggested they put a direct link to a h2h page in their pulldown menu. They told me they would think about it ...

But they've left the match stats off each match in the H2H's, which is a loss to the page...

Very much so, and serves as additional proof of mrzz's suspicion that there's less information than before.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Exactly. It has less info, it's unclear where to find things, and when we do, there are misleading tabs which lead us away from where we are, back to another part of the players page. Very poorly thought out, and I agree with mrzz on why...

memad

Club Member
Reactions
How can fans put comments as I do not find any space / section below news articles?

bajana

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
memad said:
How can fans put comments as I do not find any space / section below news articles?

right down at the very bottom of the page on the right is a "Feedback" button - and I do mean the very bottom.

Or do you mean comments on articles - I happened on a comments section a few days ago and for the life of me haven't been able to bump into it again :(

Edit, if you click on the google icon you will get to some comments on some articles - but either that's not really the place, or everybody else is having the same difficulty finding it, so there are hardly any comments

memad

Club Member
Reactions
bajana said:
memad said:

right down at the very bottom of the page on the right is a "Feedback" button - and I do mean the very bottom.

Or do you mean comments on articles - I happened on a comments section a few days ago and for the life of me haven't been able to bump into it again :(

Edit, if you click on the google icon you will get to some comments on some articles - but either that's not really the place, or everybody else is having the same difficulty finding it, so there are hardly any comments

yes, right...I meant the comments on the articles...I will check. thanks.