Aircel Open Chennai

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
5-5 in the 2nd and Pospisil retires?? Anyone see that? Lots of retirements for so early in the year, including on the women's side.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
Crazy how many players retired in this event, counted 4 so far:
Reister against Becker, Youzhny in the match with Sela and today 2 more, Fognini iduring the match with Bhambri and Lu did not show up against Pospisil.

Add one more to the list...Pospisil retired down 4-6, 5-5 to Wawrinka. Anyone know what happened?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Bummer. Yeah, hopefully he should be fine. Playing really well lately.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I might be mistaken but didn't a crap ton of players retire in early tournaments last year too? Crazy how much that happens...

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stan wrapped his 6th title here with a win over Roger-Vasselin 6-4, 6-2.
Did not see him play, but I continue to remain optimistic about Stan's run to his new highs in his career. Perjaps a top 6 is in his reach, because Roger and Tomas are in striking distance.
Roger-Vasselin also run a high at his own level, second ATP final for him and a new career high will be his reward as a consequence. He finished his 2013 on a high in Basel, he resumes where he left it off.

About Vasek, I am keeping my fingers crossed for his injury not to be serious, and I will be watching the draw in Sidney when it comes out tonight, because he is scheduled to play there. If he is in, it means he will be OK.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Herios, backs are finicky things...I kinda hope Vasek does NOT play Sydney and just rehabs the back for a week , get it all loose, make it ready for AO and not worry about it for the rest of the year.

I know what you mean, my back hurts too;)
And draw is out and Vasek is in, seeded 5, first round with Sam Querrey. So we now have to hold our breath not to get worse...