Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The 3rd event of next week, here is the draw:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2014/891/mds.pdf

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I m surprised Milos is not here. He won this a couple years back, and this year he is not even playing a warm up to AO. Weird...

Vasek is there though and he won his opener today: 6-3, 7-5 against Edmund

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
2 of my favourates played in this event in R1 with Yuki Bhambri beating Carreno Busta 64 63

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
tennisville said:
2 of my favourates played in this event in R1 with Yuki Bhambri beating Carreno Busta 64 63

Is Bhambri someone for us to watch? Checked him quickly because until today have not heard of him and he is 21, ranked 195. He just has recorded his second win on the ATP with this win.
About Busta, I said it he before, will be a force on clay, it seems to me his HC resuolts are much more weaker. Hopefully in time will get better there too.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
tennisville said:

How Busta already become your fav if all he played was challengers? He will play here where I live next week and I look forward to see him playing for the first time.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
There is a Indian teenager (whom I have never heard of before) by name Ramanathan
in the draw. Also, he won his first round match and that too against Somdev Devvarman.
Ramanathan has current ranking outside 500, but seems to reside in Spain at least in
part and also has a Spanish coach.

This guy may outperform the other Indians (such as Somdev, Bhambri etc) soon.

Anybody with inside info, please post a scouting report.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Crazy how many players retired in this event, counted 4 so far:
Reister against Becker, Youzhny in the match with Sela and today 2 more, Fognini iduring the match with Bhambri and Lu did not show up against Pospisil.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I m surprised Milos is not here. He won this a couple years back, and this year he is not even playing a warm up to AO. Weird...

He preferred to go and do snorkeling for New Year in Perth!
You may check out his shark pics on twitter;)

Goldenboy

Futures Player
Reactions
herios, A case of Delhi Belly maybe?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=delhi%20belly

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
herios said:
1972Murat said:

He preferred to go and do snorkeling for New Year in Perth!
You may check out his shark pics on twitter;)

Cannot blame a guy for having his priorities straight eh? :cool:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here are the QFs for tomorrow:

Wawrinka v. Bedene
Bhambri v. Pospisil
Granollers v. Paire
Roger-Vasselin v. Sela

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
herios said:
tennisville said:

Is Bhambri someone for us to watch? Checked him quickly because until today have not heard of him and he is 21, ranked 195. He just has recorded his second win on the ATP with this win.
About Busta, I said it he before, will be a force on clay, it seems to me his HC resuolts are much more weaker. Hopefully in time will get better there too.

I dont think he is gonna do well on the tour or be a top 10 . He just doesnt have a forehand which is essential . He might be a top 50 player though

Busta will be awesome on clay but useless everywhere else

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
Mastoor said:
tennisville said:

How Busta already become your fav if all he played was challengers? He will play here where I live next week and I look forward to see him playing for the first time.
I do follow challengers and liked his results in early 2010 I think where he was unbeatable or had lost just 2 matches . I had predicted then that he would be a top 10 player one day

tennisville

Major Winner
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
There is a Indian teenager (whom I have never heard of before) by name Ramanathan
in the draw. Also, he won his first round match and that too against Somdev Devvarman.
Ramanathan has current ranking outside 500, but seems to reside in Spain at least in
part and also has a Spanish coach.

This guy may outperform the other Indians (such as Somdev, Bhambri etc) soon.

Anybody with inside info, please post a scouting report.

I dont think he will do well . 1 event is not enough , remember Somdev reached the final here once

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Stan also rolls into the SF 6-2, 6-1 with Bedene

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Good job by Vasek to defeat Bhambri in straights 6-3, 6-3,on to the SF, Stan next, that will be the real test.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I knew you guys would be pulling for Pospisil. I'll go with him, too. Both guys had really good years last year. Should be a big fight. And I'll root for Granollers in the other SF. ('Natch.) ;)