A Place for Fedfans to whine and mourn

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
DarthFed said:
It ain't gravy. The best athletes are ones that think ahead, and in this case Roger doesn't have to think far into the future to picture Rafa with as many or more slams than him. 17 is awesome now, will it be in a couple years? Roger should be feeling desperate right now and that's why a loss to a total journeyman in the 3rd round is pretty alarming.

But he DID think ahead. That's why he has a 1000 match wins, over 300 weeks at number one, all those records that he has. He is 33 now. How far ahead can he think? He has done things other players cannot even dream of. Rafa will do whatever he will do...Roger has done his part and then some.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
^ Let's just hope he doesn't have the "it's all gravy" attitude. Roger will have a lot of records for a long time but we all know the most important one is the slam total. And in that regard he needs to keep pressing...

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Here is the issue in a nutshell: We (fed fans) all know whatever Roger wins at this point is gravy. We know we should ease up on the expectations. But the problem is, every time Roger picks up a racket and goes on the court, we know there is the possibility of magic happening and we just cannot help but think "Why not NOW?"

As long as Roger plays, that will not change. HE believes it is always on his racket and for the most part , we do too.

Correction: We (fed fans) all should know whatever Roger wins at this point is gravy.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Can we rename this thread "A place for Fedal fans to mourn"? I need a shoulder.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I thought the whole of this forum was a place for Fedfans to whine and mourn... :popcorn

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Guy is getting old. Anyone who thinks his results over the last few years are bad must be new to tennis...

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Kieran said:
Guy is getting old. Anyone who thinks his results over the last few years are bad must be new to tennis...

I'm one of those people who thought after Wimbledon in 2012, everything since "has been gravy!" It only makes sense; gotten the most out of himself! Roger added to his total # of weeks at #1, picked off a few more Masters, and has culminated his career with a Davis Cup victory! It's all good! :angel: :p

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:

I'm one of those people who thought after Wimbledon in 2012, everything since "has been gravy!" It only makes sense; gotten the most out of himself! Roger added to his total # of weeks at #1, picked off a few more Masters, and has culminated his career with a Davis Cup victory! It's all good! :angel: :p

Mods, here's a post I want to report. There's no whining or mourning in it... :p

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
How many of you are looking forward to an opening round Fedal GS match? It may happen in a couple of years. :devil

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
How many of you are looking forward to an opening round Fedal GS match? It may happen in a couple of years. :devil

Not me. I stopped watching Fedal encounters a long time ago. Too boring.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
GameSetAndMath said:

Not me. I stopped watching Fedal encounters a long time ago. Too boring.

I wouldn't say boring; more like expecting better! It isn't realistic, but Fed fans are a bit "special" so you have to take that into consideration! We really need to "let it go!" Our GOAT is getting to be a little "long in the tooth!" We can't expect him to keep this up forever; esp. not as long as Martina! A good draw and some upsets, I can see him squeezing out one more major, but he has to watch his schedule; pull back a little and drop some of that ridiculous entourage! That can't be helping him in the long run! :cover :nono :puzzled

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:

I'm trying to think of past champions that started meeting each other in early rounds! With 40+ years of matches to pull from; stumped! :puzzled :nono :huh: ANYONE? I have a faint memory of Lendl beating up McEnroe and Connors by the QF or before at a USO! Hmmm! As much heartburn as Connors caused Ivan early on losing those 2 USO's in '82 & '83, the roles reversed for good soon after and Connors was owned losing 17 straight matches to Lendl!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa must be close to 17 straight against Roger, is he? :snigger

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

I'll take whatever easy match I can get, so sure :snigger

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I love how this thread has turned into Nadal fans gloating. Nice.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
C'mon, El Dude, what else can they do now?