The GOAT
Reactions
Play has resumed on the outside courts

Vekic won the 1st set 62 over Badosa
Badosa leading 4 -1 2nd set

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I was really sad for her,this event was hers to lose.This loss was just as anticlimactic like her loss to Saba at the Open.
Jasmine was not serving hard today but she did hit her spots.. Madison dump way too many returns into the net. That's poor footwork because a 91 miles an retriever of serve should be just a block not a full swing which is one of the reasons she got behind in the first set and had issues trying to close set 2 and 3 before the injury. That's what is known as not being truly engaged in a match because you have to get the point STARTED. Keys has too much experience to be making mistakes like this. I haven't seen Caro play too much recently but I bet she can get the point started. This is not a dislike of Key's game but rather being frustrated with her efforts. The commentators said when it was a 5-2 lead for Keys , "Jasmine just needed to stay close" because Keys was known to give a game or two back to her opponents. Unfortunately this was true and the upper thigh muscle strain was too much to allow her to play on. This is how I saw the match..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rain again this is just insane
Match between Badosa v Vekic stopped
Badosa leading 5-1 and about to serve for the 2nd set

• Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jasmine was not serving hard today but she did hit her spots.. Madison dump way too many returns into the net. That's poor footwork because a 91 miles an retriever of serve should be just a block not a full swing which is one of the reasons she got behind in the first set and had issues trying to close set 2 and 3 before the injury. That's what is known as not being truly engaged in a match because you have to get the point STARTED. Keys has too much experience to be making mistakes like this. I haven't seen Caro play too much recently but I bet she can get the point started. This is not a dislike of Key's game but rather being frustrated with her efforts. The commentators said when it was a 5-2 lead for Keys , "Jasmine just needed to stay close" because Keys was known to give a game or two back to her opponents. Unfortunately this was true and the upper thigh muscle strain. This is how I saw the match..
BTW an adductor injury is more than a strain muscle I can assure you, I have had one and it took weeks to heal,

• Wow

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
About time Rybakina finally gets a match on CC on Monday! just looking at the schedule
Also more rain is in the forecast

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
News just in that Raducanu has done her warm up and no wrist problem? strange that? she will be okay for her match against Sun

• Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Up coming match will be Miss Sun against Emma Raducanu, seeing that Carlos Alcaraz just won his match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I see Miss Sun has struck first breaking Emma in her 1st service game

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Miss Sun consolidates the break and leads 3--0 Miss Emma is all over the place, and on her fav surface grass, though early days yet

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Question if Lulu ever decides to have a family and if she has a boy would he be known as Lulu's son Or Lulu Sun's son?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Match between Badosa and Vekic re started Badosa winning the 2nd set 61
Going 3 sets, hopefully the rain will stay away, not fair to either player with the interruptions

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Hopefully Lulu wins and to imagine that Jas has not yet played on CC a gs finalist.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Miss Emma will not win this match with her 1st serve percentage at 36% for starters
Miss Sun 1st serve percentage is 80% big difference

Status
Not open for further replies.