2024 US Open Final: Sabalenka vs. Pegula

Who will win and in how many sets?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It is too early in the morning for me to start drinking Saba get your game together

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba with an Ace down the tee can you believe it lol! leads 6-5 in the 2nd set

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sabalenka is underfeated in HC Slams this year
Fact she has only lost 1 set in HC slams all season, that is just Sic
3rd GS title
2nd of 2024
Well done Saba!

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jess you gave it your all, since having Mark Knowles as one of your coaches you have made improvements in serve, though your self belief has sky rocketed
Keep working hard

Reactions: shawnbm

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Jess you gave it your all, since having Mark Knowles as one of your coaches you have made improvements in serve, though your self belief has sky rocketed
Credit to you in this match and your first GS final appearance!
She did well to get to her first slam final, but I saw some clear mistakes made. For starters when someone serves the way Saba does, you never want to give them the opportunity to serve first. That means you're always under pressure in your serve games and both times when she got to the end of the set, her serve was under the gun.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She did well to get to her first slam final, but I saw some clear mistakes made. For starters when someone serves the way Saba does, you never want to give them the opportunity to serve first. That means you're always under pressure in your serve games and both times when she got to the end of the set, her serve was under the gun.
Agree, though some of the rallies Jess did have the upper hand, and she tried to stay aggressive where possible and didnt back down, like other players do when facing Saba, I did like her return position on Saba's 2nd serve just inside the baseline, at times, it did pay off with results

Reactions: shawnbm

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BW Saba is now in with a good chance of being No 1 player by the end of the year

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Agree, though some of the rallies Jess did have the upper hand, and she tried to stay aggressive where possible and didnt back down, like other players do when facing Saba, I did like her return position on Saba's 2nd serve just inside the baseline, at times, it did pay off with results
Yes, she returned well, but I would have liked to see her keep the ball within a foot of the lines. If she didn't get an outright winner, she would have gotten a short reply and something to put away. She can go back and watch the film later, but that's the one thing she needed to do was stay consistent when Saba was making errors.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, she returned well, but I would have liked to see her keep the ball within a foot of the lines. If she didn't get an outright winner, she would have gotten a short reply and something to put away. She can go back and watch the film later, but that's the one thing she needed to do was stay consistent when Saba was making errors.
I think that is the Key to any player, playing Saba when her level drops and we saw that in todays match, being and staying consistent when Saba makes errors.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think we can all agree that Sabalenka at present is the best hard court player
She has battled this year with personal upsets, could not play Wimbledon due to injury
Came back to the HC and especially her title at Cincinnati was just Off the Charts not losing a set, her serve was the best I have seen all year
Well done Saba, and she has a very likable personality off the court as well

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I would also like to congratulate the RU's at the Grand Slams this year, 2024
Qinwen Zheng
Jasmine Paolini
Jessica Pegula,
Reaching a GS final ( for Jazz twice) is a huge achievement, it should not be overlooked. None of them had been able to do it before this year!