Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Zverev in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Thought it would be good to give the other semifinal some space before it begins. If Zverev can fight through his nerves and a game that tends to go awry under pressure, he can win. I am picking Ruud in 4 or 5.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Words of Wisdom from Mats Medicated Wilander ( source Eurosport)

" Casper Ruud is a much, much, bigger star than I think we realize"

Whatever Mats, hey?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought it would be good to give the other semifinal some space before it begins. If Zverev can fight through his nerves and a game that tends to go awry under pressure, he can win. I am picking Ruud in 4 or 5.
Great minds I have also picked Ruud in 4 of 5, though I would prefer SS to Ruud
After the QF match between Zverev and De Minaur, which was ugly to say the least, I cant really see Zverev winning this match up against Ruud

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks for putting this up, @nehmeth. I didn't see it, so I'm too late to vote, but I would have gone with Ruud in 4. I just want Ruud to win.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Goodness me Zverev is in a 'hot mess' right now looks "befuddled"
Casper with 2 BPs breaks and wins the 1st 62!

Reactions: tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Ruud is not feeling well,and this no.2 will be in the final.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ruud is not feeling well,and this no.2 will be in the final.
Commies think it is a stomach bug? well it has been going around in the tournament, Sabalenka had it for a couple of days before her QF match and it got worse, she was in the care of the medical staff after her match

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Commies think it is a stomach bug? well it has been going around in the tournament, Sabalenka had it for a couple of days before her QF match and it got worse, she was in the care of the medical staff after her match
It's a shame. He clearly feels terrible.

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember what I posted a few days ago.. Not a good matchup for either Sinner or Alacaz

[IMG alt="the AntiPusher"]https://www.tennisfrontier.com/data/avatars/s/0/384.jpg?1507678629[/IMG]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT​

JoinedApr 14, 2013Messages16,222Reactions6,440Points113
Zverev d de Minaur 64 76(5) 64
Zverev 14 W 38 UFE De Minaur W 18 UFE 37, dosent happen too often that both players play at such a low level
Zverev will play Ruud in the SF, Ruud had a walkover to the SF, as Djokovic withdrew
Zverev and Ruud H2H are 2 all.
Be cautious Zverev is a bad match up for Sinner and can be trouble for Alcaraz

"If Sascha Zverev defeats Casper I like his chances because of his incredible wingspan and the winner of Sinner/Alcaraz MAY be a bit jaded especially both recently returning from injuries. It's just my opinion not my wish to see Zed win the championship."

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember what I posted a few days ago.. Not a good matchup for either Sinner or Alacaz

[IMG alt="the AntiPusher"]https://www.tennisfrontier.com/data/avatars/s/0/384.jpg?1507678629[/IMG]

the AntiPusher

The GOAT​

"If Sascha Zverev defeats Casper I like his chances because of his incredible wingspan and the winner of Sinner/Alcaraz MAY be a bit jaded especially both recently returning from injuries. It's just my opinion not my wish to see Zed win the championship."
Yeah Zverev was highly tipped to win it by many. He had no business losing the first set TB to Nadal in 2022 and they were neck and neck in set 2 till he twisted his ankle. Clay is definitely a very good surface for him. Needs to serve like a demon against Alcaraz cos Alcaraz often serves badly and then he's in trouble

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher

The GOAT​

Were you watching the Zverev v Ruud ,match live ? apparently not, he had the trainer out, he was visibly ill? commies saying a stomach virus that has been going around during the tournament, Sabalenka had contracted a stomach virus, was so distressed after her loss in her QF match she was taken to the medical staff after her match
I have no problem with a player losing but not like Casper who was visibly distressed in this match, could not play to his best

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah Zverev was highly tipped to win it by many. He had no business losing the first set TB to Nadal in 2022 and they were neck and neck in set 2 till he twisted his ankle. Clay is definitely a very good surface for him. Needs to serve like a demon against Alcaraz cos Alcaraz often serves badly and then he's in trouble
That TBR in 2022 shows why Rafa is the undeniable best player on clay since Chrisy Evert which would be unfair not to acknowledge her longevity on that surface. Both players can take a very certain defeat to somehow get the W regardless of how it happens.

As for the final I agree 100 percent with @Front242 Fronty. I would be very disappointed if this isn't a classic because Both players are talented enough to produce winners on the slower clay surface while playing tennis at the highest level.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,

Apparently you missed my post to you regarding the SF Zverev v Ruud do I need to repost it again?

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coaching is actually allowed at the French Open, though only when a player is up at the end of the coaches box and it has to be a quick message not a long discussion
Somehow the Tsitsipas' still managed to get 3 separate fines for coaching violations and 2 were in the doubles

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm unclear which match we mean, but are you saying that Zverev was highly tipped to beat Nadal in 2022? That seems optimistic/suicidal as a prediction. Yes, Zverev had set point(s) in that TB v. Nadal in that first set. Didn't work out for him. I never understand the comment that someone had "no business" losing a set, or a match, that they lost. He had his chances, yes. But he lost them, against the greatest clay courter ever. And he was up a break in the 2nd...twice, I think. It had just reached the TB when Zverev twisted his ankle. Zverev was playing great, but the over/under on him winning that match was still slim. Best of 5.

Anyway, you rooting for Zverev to win the title?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm unclear which match we mean, but are you saying that Zverev was highly tipped to beat Nadal in 2022? That seems optimistic/suicidal as a prediction. Yes, Zverev had set point(s) in that TB v. Nadal in that first set. Didn't work out for him. I never understand the comment that someone had "no business" losing a set, or a match, that they lost. He had his chances, yes. But he lost them, against the greatest clay courter ever. And he was up a break in the 2nd...twice, I think. It had just reached the TB when Zverev twisted his ankle. Zverev was playing great, but the over/under on him winning that match was still slim. Best of 5.

Anyway, you rooting for Zverev to win the title?
No, tipped to win RG 2024 but he was 6-2 up in the first tiebreak in 2022. That was an awful choke to lose that first set and would have completely changed the dynamic of the match. He was also neck and neck in set 2 before twisting his ankle and ahead early in the set too. I don't dislike Zverev as much as many here at all (his backhand is amazing) and would be happy to see him win yeah to make a breakthrough. 2021, 2022, 2023 RG SF and 2024 F. That's pretty damn consistent and I don't want another era of just a handful of guys winning slams till another emerges so, yes, a Zverev win would be good for the overall competition on tour.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, tipped to win RG 2024 but he was 6-2 up in the first tiebreak in 2022. That was an awful choke to lose that first set and would have completely changed the dynamic of the match. He was also neck and neck in set 2 before twisting his ankle and ahead early in the set too.
You can't say it would have "completely changed the dynamic of the match." It was the first set. Nadal is a great breaker of serve, amongst other things. Also a great problem solver. Zverev is/was a great folder. You're a betting man. You understand the odds. Even if Zverev had won the 1st in a TB, and had won the TB that they never got to in the 2nd set, look at what happened when Nadal went down 2 sets to love at the AO final v. Medvedev 5 months earlier. And that wasn't even on clay. And Medvedev had actually won a Major. Zverev choked a two sets lead to Thiem, who never got out of his B-game in the USO final, nor during the whole tournament. (#worstfinalever) We'll never know what would have happened if Zverev hadn't been injured, but if you're trying to make the argument that Zverev might have won that match, it's a weak argument.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
You can't say it would have "completely changed the dynamic of the match." It was the first set. Nadal is a great breaker of serve, amongst other things. Also a great problem solver. Zverev is/was a great folder. You're a betting man. You understand the odds. Even if Zverev had won the 1st in a TB, and had won the TB that they never got to in the 2nd set, look at what happened when Nadal went down 2 sets to love at the AO final v. Medvedev 5 months earlier. And that wasn't even on clay. And Medvedev had actually won a Major. Zverev choked a two sets lead to Thiem, who never got out of his B-game in the USO final, nor during the whole tournament. (#worstfinalever) We'll never know what would have happened if Zverev hadn't been injured, but if you're trying to make the argument that Zverev might have won that match, it's a weak argument.
Zverev was all over Nadal like a rash at RG 2022. It's something no one will ever know because of his unfortunate ankle injury. For sure Zverev is a choker. He got extremely lucky against Griekspoor. 4-1 down in set 5 and won.