2024 ATP General News

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I feel like the comeback at the 2020 US Open saved Dominic Thiem's legacy. If he doesn't complete the comeback, I feel like we'd be looking at not only Thiem, but Zverev, a lot differently. If Zverev holds on to win that match, their career comparison aren't even close, with Zverev having a clear advantage over Thiem. We'd also be questioning Thiem's mental toughness, instead of Zverev's (especially what would come later, with how Zverev was able to come back from his injuries a lot better than Thiem).
Theim didnt play at all well at the USO 2020, he was lucky to make the final? did you watch the match? it was one of the worst ATP finals I have watched, my husband walked out as he could not watch the match any longer that was in the 2nd set.Apart from the choking of Zverev, who served for the match losing it with 2 CH points, Zverev should have beaten Theim in straight sets,, then we had to endure the rest of the match with Theim getting cramps, towards the end of the match. It is a ATP final I wish to forget period.

Last edited: