2019 French Open Final: Ashleigh Barty vs. Marketa Vondrousova

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
this is not easy Marketa is a solid player and Barty is older and might keep her cool..

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
congrats to Barty for her 1st RG's final, I guess she'll win in 3

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Oi Oi Oi....Ash Barty in 3 sets...............I still have to watch her s/final match just got home from night shift.............still over the moon she has made the final.........................

Just some information regarding the 2 finalists.Barty and Vondrousova have played twice,grass and hard court,Barty won both matches,close straight sets.Vondrousova is an excellent clay player,while clay has never been Barty's fav surface,though as we have seen so far in this tournament her game translates well on clay.I expect this to be a close encounter,going by their previous matches.Good luck to both players and I hope it is a competitive match.
BTW last time Australia had a finialist at Roland Garos was 2010 Sam Stosur (please Ash don't do a Sam in the final and freeze:) though Fran deserved the title on the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: britbox

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm going w/ the teenager to win her maiden slam
I also like Marketa and liked the way she confidently won her match.She is the real deal win or lose...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Vondu is a lefty too. Like some other lefty, she seems to have clay chops. I voted for Vondu in 2 (just because she has not lost a set so far). But, two or three, Vondu wins.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ash with 1BP,Marketa nervous,though she has not played on this court before