2019 Atlanta Open, GA, USA, ATP 250

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agreed.. BTW.. a belated Congrats to Nole winning SW19..he was the best player and managed the big points better. I told Darth years ago that the #20 & 21 were still something he could achieve.
Thanks, always welcome.
I stayed away of that specific thread, because I knew the emotions and spirits will be sky high, based on how the match unfolded.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
A good event for the Next Gen here, all 4 SF ists will be next gen. players:
De Minaur, Opelka, Norrie and either Fritz or Kecmanovic.

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Taylor Fritz beats Norrie.
The final I hoped for will happen, Fritz vs. DeMinaur

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Speedy Gonzalez aka De Minaur wins it all. He beat Taylor Fritz 6-3, 7-6 to win his second title this year.

Michael;Kiwi

Futures Player
Reactions
The commentators said that this was only the third time since 1979, when they started recording it, that someone has won a tournament without facing a break point. That is impressive for someone who isn't a particularly big server. I believe the other two were Isner and Haas.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The commentators said that this was only the third time since 1979, when they started recording it, that someone has won a tournament without facing a break point. That is impressive for someone who isn't a particularly big server. I believe the other two were Isner and Haas.
All I have to say is wow. He may have worked on his serve then. I am curious how he will fare in bigger events.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Heard also De Minaur was impressive this tournament. Huge respect to him, though he might need to think again about that mustache he put on.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks, always welcome.
I stayed away of that specific thread, because I knew the emotions and spirits will be sky high, based on how the match unfolded.
GSM aka baby front ..Read what herios post and Learn why I made my comment

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Australia seems to have a promising young gun this time, hope he won't finish like Bernie or bad Nick

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Australia seems to have a promising young gun this time, hope he won't finish like Bernie or bad Nick
Considering the "attitude" of De Minaur, he is day vs. night when you compare that to the other two you mentioned. Just because of that alone, I could bet anytime that he will not be ever anything as Tomic or Kyrgios.

Reactions: don_fabio