3 DE MINAUR, Alex
4 HERBERT, Pierre-Hugues
5 TIAFOE, Frances
6 ALBOT, Radu
7 THOMPSON, Jordan
8 HUMBERT, Ugo

atlanta_tournimage_16_1920x1015.jpg

The Tournament:

The Atlanta Open has been played in the Atlanta area since 2010, usually during July or August. The tournament is played on outdoor hard courts as part of the USTA's US Open Series, the seven-week summer season lead-up to the U.S. Open.

The event was previously held in Indianapolis from 1988 until it was moved to Atlanta after 2009. The Atlanta Open was known as the Atlanta Tennis Championships for its first two years before signing BB&T as a title sponsor in 2012. In 2015, the tournament was acquired by GF Sports from its then-owners, the USTA.

Atlanta_Montage_2018.png

About Atlanta

Atlanta is the capital of the U.S. state of Georgia. It played an important part in both the Civil War and the 1960s Civil Rights Movement. Atlanta History Center chronicles the city's past, and the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site is dedicated to the African-American leader’s life and times. Downtown, Centennial Olympic Park, built for the 1996 Olympics, encompasses the massive Georgia Aquarium.

Facts Flash

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world's busiest airport.

Atlanta was the only city burned down in the Civil War.

The Varsity is the world's largest drive-in restaurant.

Reactions: mrzz and tented

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I see that Sock will be back in action.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sock's return not as successful, goes down in 2 TB to Kecmanovic

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Isner Opelka matchup again after the Australian Open tiebreaks!

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Dimi loses to an American, Kevin King ranked 405, in straight sets. This has to he his worst result ever.

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Dimi loses to an American, Kevin King ranked 405, in straight sets. This has to he his worst result ever.

He already shook the hand of the umpire when there was a challenge on a MP for King. He just wanted to get off the court. The guy is a disgrace. Agassi must be embarassed to train someone who can't win a single match and doesn't want to win as it looks like. On top of that he looks silly with a head bandana. A challenger level guy at the moment.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
He already shook the hand of the umpire when there was a challenge on a MP for King. He just wanted to get off the court. The guy is a disgrace. Agassi must be embarassed to train someone who can't win a single match and doesn't want to win as it looks like. On top of that he looks silly with a head bandana. A challenger level guy at the moment.
That is actually sad. What on earth has happened to him?

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That is actually sad. What on earth has happened to him?

I have no idea. It tought he was getting serious with Agassi to try get back to the top. Instead he is playing the worst tennis of his life.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have no idea. It tought he was getting serious with Agassi to try get back to the top. Instead he is playing the worst tennis of his life.
I saw that result this morning. He really is becoming one of the great mysteries in the men's game. He's had some really strong coaches, and yet he seems to always regress, and now more than ever.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry to see that Tomic took out Tiafoe.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the world's busiest airport.

What? I don't believe that. It is surely fake news. From CNN -- I saw the picture you put there, BB. You work for them, ADMIT IT!

Reactions: kskate2

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is what Kyrgios did when a Novak’s fan ask him an autograph, he loves the polemics lol

AnonymousFan

Major Winner
Reactions
Opelka took out Isner for the third time this year, all sets this season have gone to tiebreaks... fellow servebot has his number :)

Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He won last week in Newport. Makes up for it.
Agreed.. BTW.. a belated Congrats to Nole winning SW19..he was the best player and managed the big points better. I told Darth years ago that the #20 & 21 were still something he could achieve.

Reactions: herios

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Agreed.. BTW.. a belated Congrats to Nole winning SW19..he was the best player and managed the big points better. I told Darth years ago that the #20 & 21 were still something he could achieve.

What a timely congratulations and that too in the most appropriate thread!